N.I.N.E.T.E.E.N

Nadia stared into Shawn's eyes. "You luh-like me?" Nadia swallowed nervously as she stuttered. "Why?" Nadia wondered studying the wide grin he had on his face. "You have a beautiful personality, you're a beautiful girl, and you have a strong mind." Shawn spoke easy, as if he'd been observing her for a while now.

"When?" Shawn raised his eyebrows. "When? When did I what? Start to like you? I can't say. I just know that I do."

Nadia felt him drop her hand. She was not sure what to say. Shawn was fine, but she wasn't sure if she liked him. "What do you want me to say?" Shawn turned back to his plate of food. "You don't have to say nothing. I respect your situation. I know you don't want a man right now." Nadia nodded quietly. Her heart was beating so hard in her chest that it made her whole body shake

"Okay." Shawn stayed smiling. "That's all I had to say. I don't wanna hold you up." Nadia slightly smiled turning on her feet.

Nadia could not concentrate on work at all. When she got a minute to her self she pulled out her cell-phone to text her Grandma. She seemed like her only real friend right now. Katy was always busy with David, and Jessica was cool, but they had never really hung out like that.

To Grammie

My co-worker just told me he likes me...

From Grammie

U LIK HIM?

To Grammie

Grandma, UR texting is ratchet lol, and I don't know he's really cute though.

From Grammie

Lol, Hater. Oh so he's cute?

To Grammie

VERY.

Nadia looked up from her phone to see Shawn carrying some dirty plates. "Nadia, can you do me a small favor?" Nadia nodded as her phone buzzed, but she ignored it. "What?" Shawn smiled. "Can you take that drink to table six? I gotta put this down, and hurry up and go clean table 8." Nadia nodded picking up the drink. "I apperciate it." Nadia gave him a shy smile as she grabbed her phone up taking the drink over.

"Here's your frozen strawberry smoothie." Nadia smiled at the old couple sitting at the booth, before walking off. Nadia eyed her phone.

From Grammie

Why are you telling me though? It's not against the law for him to like you? Let the boy like you lol. Not everything is a mind boggling decision. Have fun!! Your 18!!!! Get out my inbox, I'm sexting your grandpa, and you messing up my flow.

I love you!

Nadia laughed at her Grandma's message putting her phone up. She was right though. He was just telling her. Jessica came out the back drinking a pepsi. "I'm so glad it slow today." Nadia nodded, "Me too." Shawn came from around the corner with Monica trailing behind him. "Go greet people, stop following me." Monica laughed. "Shawn, you just got in front of me hush."

"Hi Monica." Nadia spoke up. "Hey Girl. Stop talking to me you know we dont like each other." Monica rolled her eyes at Nadia. Nadia laughed, she wasn't even mad at her for saying that. She was to honest.

Jessica filled her glass up with pepsi again.

Nadia felt kinda weird standing around both of them knowing that they had sex yesterday. Jessica blew bubbles in her drink while Shawn was texting somebody. "Jess, table 10." Monica's voice boomed as Jessica groaned, "Damn, I'm gonna be back." Jessica walked off with her order pad.