falling apart

chapter 2   falling apart  

I was on a beach, how did I get on a beach??  I was on my horse midnight how did he get here? how did I get on him??

"hey sweetie" my mom said.    " uh hey mom" I said.         "lets get going then" and she cantered off I followed her!!  we were galloping on the beach wind blowing in our faces and hair the sun beating down on us.  then there was a bright light shined in my face and it wasn't the sun, what is that??

I heard voices  I tried to open my eyes but I couldn't, why cant I open my eyes?  

"so how is she?" a voice asked my brother.  It must of been a dream I thought to myself.         "not to good she's got a concussion and inhaled some smoke" another voice said.    I moved my fingers then opened my eyes I  squinted them because of the bright light. I looked around and saw my dad talking to a nurse.  my dad had brown hair and brown eyes. I looked around again and saw my brother looking out the window, my brother had auburn hair, and Hazeled eyes, he's 19 and he's in collage. he turned his head towards me and smiled when he saw I was awake and came over to me.

   "hey sis thought you'd never wake up" he said and smirked.       I rolled my eyes,   " hey Josh" I said.    "oh your awake" my dad said coming over.   I smiled then realized I had no Ideal where I was.        

      "where am I?" I asked.    "In the hospital" Josh said.    then it all came back  the fire and how mom  and I  where stuck in the burning barn.

         "where's mom?" I asked.    my dad clenched his jaw then said " she didn't make it out of the fire". I looked at him confused??      "sis she's didn't make it she's.....she's  dead" Josh said.            "What no she cant be dead" I screamed.   "come down Josie" Josh said.  no this cant be happening I thought. if only I had listened to her and not have gone in the burning barn she would still be alive its all my fault I thought.  tears spilled down my face I started sobbing. 

              "how.....did....she....die?" I choked out between sobs.                  "the wood landed right on her lunges so she couldn't breath" dad said.   this is all my fault all my fault I thought.

                                         =====================================================================================================================

                          we were headed home from the hospital I was looking out the window of the car. the view is amazing its so pretty.    I signed nothing is ever going to be the same again without  mom I thought.  

                                   "how's  your head feeling" dad asked.      "okay I guess" I said.        " well does it hurt?" he asked.        "yeah a little" I said.    "well doc said to take it easy for a few weeks okay" he said.    I nodded.     "that means no riding understood" he said.         I flinched when he said understood that's  was the exact word mom said when she told me not to go into the burning barn.     I looked at my dad and signed.          "well" he asked.           "understood I wont ride for a couple weeks" I said.     "good" he said.                       "uh dad do you know if anyone ever got the horses out of the barn?" I asked.                  he signed   then said "they got all horses out except for two horses" he said.           "so two horses died" I said on the verge of tears!        "yes" he said  tears spilled down my face.      "which one's?" I asked.        "um I think  it was  Shadow and Chester"  he said.  I nodded as more tears poured down my face, first mom know the horses this all my fault I thought. we neared the farm shadow brook farm, I had stopped crying but the pain was still there  and always will be nothing will ever be the same ever again I thought.     we pulled up to the barn dad parked the car and we got out and walked up the steps to the house we entered the house and I was struck with sadness when I saw all the pictures of mom and the horses that died.