Found horse!!

chapter 5

I woke up to light streaming through the window I opened my eye's then squinted them cause of the light I stretched and yawned, I got up and went to take a shower after I got out I changed into a tank top and jean shorts then put my hair in a messy bun and headed down stairs when I arrived downstairs the smell of bacon hit my nose. mmhh..... bacon I thought.

"hey hon take a seat" aunt Linda. I nodded and sat down by uncle Steve. "how did you sleep?" Steve asked. "alright" I said. "okay lets eat" Linda said. and we began eating. "Jose we are going to resister you for school and then go shopping today okay" Linda said. I nodded urg I really don't want to go I hate shopping I thought. after breakfast Linda and I headed towards the registration office I was looking out the window day dreaming about the days when I had midnight riding him when I used to ride with mom, I had to hold my tears back.

"Josie were here" Linda said breaking me from my thoughts I nodded and got out of the car and we both went in, when we entered we were greeted by a nice lady who looked to be in her fifties.

"hello ladies how may I help you?" the lady said. "hello we would like to register my niece for school" Linda said sweetly. "oh okay please sit down" the lady said and we sat down. "okay please fill these papers out oh and my name is Susan" the lady I mean Susan said. "my name is Linda" aunt Linda said. Susan turned to me I forced a smile and said " my name is Josephine" I said. "okay well fill these papers out and then I will register it in the computer" Susan said. me and Linda filled the papers out then handed them back to Susan and went back to the car and headed to the mall. when we got to the mall we went in.

"were to first?" Linda said I shrugged "I don't know papaya" I said. "okay papaya it is then" she said. we went to papaya I started looking around I saw this cute jean jacket with a red tank top that said,

Horses Rule, Boys Sink, Horses won't tell your secrets,

Boys will, Horses wont break your heart, Boys will,

Horses forever, Boys never!!!!

I laughed I love this shirt I had to get it so I took the jean jacket and tank top off the rack know to go find some jeans I looked till I found some light blue skinny jeans then I found some new cowgirl boots then got some more outfits and went to find aunt Linda when I found her she a bunch of clothes in her hands.

"who are those for" I asked her. "for you of course" she said my eyes widen, "I don't need that many clothes" I said. "don't be silly of course you do and were not even done" she said. "no seriously I don't need that many clothes" I said. "yes you do you want to look fabulous in school don't you?" she asked. "no not really I don't really care about how I look or what people think about me" I said. "WHAT!! who doesn't want to look fabulous" she exclaimed. "ME!! I don't care what people think of me I am who I am" I said. " your getting the clothes that's that" she said sternly. "Fine" I groaned. "are you excited for school?" she asked. "No not really I never really liked school" I said. "awe sure you do you'll make some new friends" she said. "yeah okay" I said but I didn't believe her I never really had many friends in school I had like 3 including Sabrina. I changed the subject cause I hate talking about school.

"so were to next" I asked. after we payed we headed to a couple different stores then got something to eat and headed home. once we got home I took my clothes in my room then decided to take a walk I put on some tennis shoes and headed down stairs grabbed an apple and went outside I put Lizzy the dogs leash on and headed to take my walk I started to hum a song I started to run for the exercise Lizzy ran with me as we were running I heard a, Neigh Neigh I stopped did I hear what I thought I heard I thought to myself I started walking again it was probably my imagination. Neigh Neigh I heard it again but it was more like screams for help more than a regular horses neigh I followed the horses screams till I came across a run down abandoned barn it had cobwebs, dust and wood every were it was a broken down barn. Neigh Neigh I tied Lizzy to a tree and went to look for the horse I found him/her in a ring with no grass, no water and no food just dirt and dust. I looked up at the horse and gasped at what I saw the horse was skin and bones I could see every rib, him/her backbones and hip bones were clearly viable, her/him chestnut coat was as dull as can be and her/him eyes that looked like they may have once shined so bright were also dull and lifeless, she looked to be a thoroughbred she had a blaze on her face and four whit stockings but I couldn't tell how old she is in less I looked at her teeth.

who could do this to a horse? I thought. I peeked under to see if her/him is a girl or a boy, yup she's a girl just what I thought.

"hey girl" I said in soothing tone. she looked at me with fear in her eyes. "I wont hurt you girl" I spoke in a soothing voice. then I remembered that I brought an apple I held it out to her she looked at it but wouldn't come after about 5 minutes I threw it in the ring she gobbled it right up. "good girl" I said in a soothing tone again I took her bucket and filled it with water then took it and gave it to her she drank it right up I filled it again then I went and picked some grass by the road and gave that to her she gobbled that right up. "who did this to you girl?" I asked her she just cocked her head I laughed at that, "I'll make you feel better girl I promise" I said she bobbed her head up and down I laughed again. I stayed there for hours talking to her I checked the time it read 8:00pm I left at 5:00 I blew the horse a kiss and "I se you later" I told her I filled the water bucket one last time and then left for home I ran all the way home with Lizzy knowing I was going to get in trouble.

when I got home I went inside.

"WERE the heck have you been? dad yelled. I flinched, "I....I went for a walk" I stuttered nervously. "don't play games with me no walk take 3 hours" he yelled. "I really did go for a walk but I... um... uh- I trailed off. "well?" he said. I cant tell him about the horse he'll just sell her but I want her I want to be happy again I thought so I said, "I met a friend and lost track of time" I said I t wasn't a total lie just not the whole truth I thought to myself. "don't do it again your aunt and uncle were worried to death" he said I nodded, "okay know go to your room" he said I turned and ran upstairs as tears flowed down my face dad wasn't worried about me at all just Steve and Linda I walked into my room and through myself on my bed and sobbed into my pillow. my dad doesn't care about me anymore or worry about me heck he probably doesn't even love me anymore, I choked on a sob I cried myself to sleep.

=======================================================================

the next morning I woke up with bloodshot eyes from crying, I got up and took a shower it was Sunday so tomorrow I start school urg I hate school I changed then went down stairs ate breakfast then walked outside got Lizzy then headed to the abandoned barn with a bag of carrots to go see the horse. I need to think of a name for her I thought. I took out my phone and put on Cruise by Florida Georgia Line I jogged when I got to the broken down barn I tied Lizzy to a tree then went to the horse.

"hey girl" I said in a soothing tone she looked up at me and cowered in a corner. "its okay girl I wont hurt you" I said she came out of her corner but didn't come to me I filled her water bucket then took out a carrot and held it out to her she took a step but then stopped and stared at it so I took a piece and threw it to her she ate it then I took a another piece and threw it near her she stared at it for moment then took the steps to get to it to eat it and I threw another farther and so this went on till she was three steps from me she wouldn't budge so I through It in her bucket.

"another day another time I'll get you to trust me one day soon girl" I told her. I threw her a couple more carrots then filled her water bucket. "I'll be back girl I'm going to get you some real food" I told her and blew her a kiss she cocked her head I laughed I got Lizzy took her home and got a wheelbarrow and headed towards the feed store when I got there I bought to bags of sweet beat I put them in the wheelbarrow and headed towards the broken down barn again when I got there I put the feed in the barn grabbed her bucket put one scoop in there till she got used to it don't want her to colic then gave it to her, and I went and got the wheelbarrow and pitchfork to clean the ring it was covered in poop I went in humming a song a hour later I was done. I went tout and dumped it then went and checked the horse water she trotted over but not to me I think she wanted more food I filled her water bucket then left for home.

"bye girl I'll see you tomorrow" I said and blew her a kiss when I got home aunt Linda was cooking dinner. "hey hon were have you been all day?" she asked. "oh just here and there exploring the town" I said. "okay well why don't you go clean up dinner will be ready soon" she said I nodded and went upstairs to take a shower after my shower I took one of my favorite books Blind Beauty and read it.

some knocked on my door then entered. "dinner is ready" uncle Steve said. "okay I said I got up and went downstairs to eat and once again I had to sit by dad he kept sending glares to me through out the dinner.

"Josie are you excited for school?" Steve asked. "NO" I said. "why not?" he asked. "I don't like school I dread it" I said. "oh well I'm sure it wont be that bad he said. after dinner I crawled in bed till I fell asleep.