saying good bye.

chapter  3

I arrived downstairs and saw dad sitting on the couch, I wonder what he wants to talk about I thought.                    "hey dad you wanted to talk?" I asked.       " yeah sit down" he said pointing to the couch opposite to him. I walked over to the couch and sat on it. 

                   "so what's up?' I asked getting nervous. he signed " I guess I half to just come out and tell you huh?" he said.               "uh yeah dad what is it?" I said.      " were moving" he said with no emotion.

                               "WHAT?!!? I yelled.        "Josie don't yell at me" he said sternly "were moving" he said.  I took a deep breath.            " were to?" I asked the anger boiling in me.           " California" he said.     "What" I yelled again jumping to my feet, " how can you do this to me all my friends, school and all the other horses are here you cant do this I wont go I wont" I screamed.        "I'm sorry Josie but  I got a really good promotion and your make new friends the school there is really good, and I will do whatever I want I'm your father" he said.             "I'm not moving" I yelled at him. he stood up.            " you are and that's final and stop the yelling" he said.              " how can you do this to me?" I asked.          " I'm not doing this to hurt you, its just this is a really good opportunity for me, its time for a change" he said. I wanted to argue more but I was so tired so I just nodded.

                 " what about the horses" I asked.         " I'm selling the whole property and the horses come with it" he said.               "but cant we just keep one or two of them" I asked.         "no" he said.   I nodded tears blurred my vision this is the third time I've cried today, I used to never cry I don't like to cry, but know its seems like all I do is cry and I don't like it one bit.

      " but-" I started but got interrupted by dad.           " no buts" he said.    I nodded and ran into my room and collapsed on my bed and sobbed into my pillow. I really have lost everything know, my mom, Shadow and Chester, the barn, and know I m going to lose my friends, this farm, the other horses and midnight. my life Is falling apart  I'm a miserable mess its like a hole is in the middle of my heart and all there is is  pain no happiness anymore just pain. I cried my self to sleep that night.

            ===============================================================

I looked up as the wood fell right on my mom I screamed the dream backtracked  " do not go back in that barn understood?"  my mom told me I nodded, it fast forward as the wood came crashing down on my mom I screamed. I woke with a start I was breathing hard, sweat cover my body from head to toe and tears were streaming down my face.  I looked at the time it read 2:45am I layed back down and tried to go back to sleep but every time I would drift off it would go to that horrible dream. so I layed there staring at the ceiling for what seemed like hours till the first rays of sunlight shined through my window. I got up and looked at the time it read 5:01 I got some clothes and went to take a shower after I got out and got dressed I threw my hair in a messy hair bun. and went down stairs I went in the kitchen and made me a bowl of cereal. dad came downstairs I glared at him I couldn't believe he's doing this to me. he looked at me and frowned I frowned right back I got up put my bowl in the sink I then went outside and sat on the swing and thought about every thing then I  got up and headed towards the back pasture were I was greeted by a nicker, midnight.

        "hey boy" I said I gave him a carrot he nudged me asking for more I gave it to him and gave him a kiss and headed back up towards the house.  I went in and headed towards the stairs  but dad stopped me.                                          "Jose can you come here for a second?" dad asked. I signed and walked over to him.                        "yes?" I said with attitude.                    " we need to clear a few things up, one you will be moving with me, two you wont ever yell at me like that again understood?" he asked. I glared at him  but nodded.                    " when are we moving?" I asked.              "in two days" he said.        "two days, how am I supposed to pack everything in two days?" I exclaimed.  he shrugged.                 " your make it happen" he said.                 " and what if I cant?" I asked.          " but you can and you will" he said.  I groaned and rolled my eyes.                      "I cant be-       knock knock I was interrupted by a knock at the door. I sent one last nasty glare at my dad before I went to go answer the door.   I opened the door revealing  Sabrina.