FIVE

The music from Tyler's party can be heard from down the road and when I pull up outside of his familiar house, the music is even louder. Cars are parked all along the street and up his driveway but I find a spot which everyone knows is reserved for us- the Elite. Teenagers litter the property, making out on bonnets of cars, dancing demonically on the lawn or even vomiting in the bushes.

"Ty's parties are always a success," Kelcy mumbles as she grabs her bag and slings it over her shoulder. I nod with a chuckle, agreeing with her statement.

I push the door of my car open and climb out with Kelcy following. After we got ready for the party, we dropped her car at her house since I'll be the designated driver tonight. Like usual.

I walk along the gravel pathway up to his house, the pounding bass of the music making the floor vibrate beneath my feet. Kelcy casts me a devious smile as she pushes the door open. When I step foot into the room, music floods my ears and the smell of alcohol and sweat wafts up my nose. Kelcy grins as she takes in the sight before her and I smile as I see the living room that is void of any furniture and now turned into a dance floor where bodies dance crammed together. That's my favorite part of a party.

We make our way upstairs and to Tyler's bedroom to put our bags down since leaving it downstairs, where anyone and everyone has access to it, isn't safe. Plus, Tyler makes sure nobody enters his room to hookup. After all, there are about a hundred other rooms for people to do the dirty deed in other than his room. People seem to be aware of this and avoid his room, knowing full well that there will be shit to pay if they enter it.

Once we close the door behind us, we make our way back into the heart of the party. Kelcy sways gently to the beat as we push through to the kitchen. Along the way I bump into someone only to find Chris smiling down at me.

"Hey," I greet and he smiles.

"Oh, hey Chris! C'mon Soph. Let's get a drink." Kelcy grabs my hand and drags me to the kitchen, away from Chris. I give him an apologetic smile and he chuckles to himself.

"Okay, so... Vodka or tequila?" She asks me from the kitchen counter where a variety of alcohol and concoctions lay with solo cups.

"I'm driving remember?" I ask and Kelcy rolls her eyes.

"One drink isn't going to hurt."

"I'll take water," I respond and Kelcy sighs.

"Alright."

She pours me a cup of water and I take it gently before she pours herself a cup of vodka and downs it in one go. Her face scrunches up due to the sour taste before she breaks into a smile and pours herself some more.

I wish I could say this wasn't a usual.

"Can we go dance now?" I ask and Kelcy smirks.

"C'mon."

We head to the dance floor, pushing through sweaty bodies before being stopped by Courtney and Megan.

"You look amazing!" Kelcy gushes at Courtney and she smiles.

"As do you." She shouts over the music. I greet her briefly before making my way into the crowd and slowly moving to the beat of the song; swaying my hips and moving my arms in the air. Moments later and it's just me and the music, nobody else, nothing to worry about. That's one thing I love so much about dancing; it's exhilarating to the point where it helps you forget.

When I open my eyes Chris is now dancing beside me along with Kelcy, Courtney and Logan making out in between the dancing. Chris winks at me and I laugh, enjoying this moment of freedom. It's times like these where we can all just let loose with each other and forget about high school drama.