FIFTY

I was curious and all but suspicious as to who leaked Alex's life-long story to Courtney. Nevermind that, who knew it in as much detail as I did in the first place?

Alex said he never told anyone and I believe that wholeheartedly. However, there is a very good chance that he may have slipped up sometime and not remembered it. The question then is who did he slip up to?

All these thoughts were running around in my mind since Sunday night. Now that Alex and I sorted things out between us, I needed to focus on the bigger picture. On the one question that nobody has the answer to.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is why I asked Nina to meet me at my locker early on Tuesday morning. I told Alex that I needed to do something and although he was curious, he didn't ask me. I didn't really want to tell him what I was doing since the topic of the whole school finding out his history is still a bit sensitive.

The minute we arrive at school, I kiss Alex goodbye and sprint to my locker where she's already waiting for me. The minute she looks up she gives me a wicked grin and gets up from where she's leaning against the locker.
"You ready?" I ask and she laughs, her head falling backwards.

"Damn straight."

I rub my clammy hands on my jeans and let out a nervous sigh.

"Relax, Sophie. She's not going to find out." Nina says, giving my shoulder a squeeze and a reassuring smile. I nod shakily, realising we need to get this over with.

"Alright," I start, both of us making our way to where Courtney's locker is. "When you bump into her make sure it's hard enough to make her drop her stuff. Speak to her long enough for me to swipe her phone and then we'll be out." I recap and she nods.

"What makes you so sure that there's something on her phone anyway?" She asks me. I don't really have an answer to that. Courtney wouldn't be dumb enough to discuss something like that over the phone, and if she was, she wouldn't leave the proof on her phone anyway. She'd delete it.

But maybe, just maybe, there's something else on her phone that she'd rather keep to herself and I honestly want to get my hands on that. I need to know.

"There's no guarantee but it's worth a shot." I answer just as we round the corner to where we need to be. My gaze zeroes in in the girl in black heels and a stylish shirt and skirt. I stop and grip Nina's arm. She gives me a devislish smile before she walks away and bumps directly into Courtney making her bag fall to the floor, the items inside sent scattering.

It all happens so fast and before I can even think of it, I run and swipe her phone that's lying on the floor beside her foot as she yells at Nina.

"Fuck off, Smith. People are allowed to make mistakes." Nina rolls her eyes as I move back to the other hallway, safely away from Courtney.

"Like your father and mother," I heard her respond before Nina spits at her shoes.

I make my way to the library where Nina and I agreed to meet after I got hold of the phone. I stand at the back in a dusty corner where nobody purposely wants to sit by. I look at the phone in my hands and admire how fancy and sophisticated it looks. The latest iPhone that not many people have been able to get their hands on is resting in my hands. I guess that's what you get when your daddy is a big business man.

I press the home button and it lights up the screen to a picture of a beach. It looks oddly familiar to the one she showed us when she came back from her exchange student program in Spain. I roll my eyes and prepare to go to her messages only when I realize I can't move further than the lock screen. Because of course she has a password.