BONUS•FOUR

This chapter describes the life of Thalia and Logan, two years after chapter 58 but before the epilogue.
Enjoy :)

He stares at the documents before him, scratching his chin before picking up a marker and highlighting the important parts. He sighs, leaning back in the chair and checking his watch. Logan has done enough for the day- even if his father thinks otherwise- so he decides to close his book and stand up. He's about to round the table and leave the office when his father walks in, tall and sturdy like Logan. They were basically identical; blonde hair, blue eyes. However, as much as Logan was a dick, his father was worse. They were rich due to dishonesty. Brent Ross was dishonest in almost everything; including his marriage.

Logan gulps, pausing his actions and giving his father a wry smile.
"Hello, father." He says in greeting, knowing full well that an interrogation was about to take place. Brent Ross doesn't respond happily, instead scowling at the closed book on the office desk.

"Where are you going?" His father inquires, eyeing him curiously.

Logan shrugs. "I'm just going out for lunch."

Brent Ross sighs with a shake of his head. "You have work to do."

Logan tries to keep his frustration at bay. How does his father not see that he is capable of doing work on his own? Logan is already a millionaire at the age of twenty. He doesn't need his father's guidance to make it through life.

"I am well aware of that, father. However, I have gotten enough work done." Logan explains, making sure that he's as polite as possible to his father to avoid his anger. Some would say that Logan was lucky. After all, he had all the wealth in the world. However, his father deprived him of much. Brent Ross had high expectations for his son, them often being too unrealistic. No wonder Logan was a cold and heartless man. He was molded and shaped into who he is by his father. He was told that feelings are irrelevant and that nobody should be able to control him; he controls everyone. His father was twisted but that's how he got where he was today.

"Alright then. Just remember that you-"

"-you have high expectations to live up to." Logan completes his father's sentence, mentally rolling his eyes. "I know. I'll have all the work done, don't worry."
Brent Ross purses his lips in response, moving out the way as Logan walks out of the office. Logan grabs his coat, running a hand through his blonde hair that needs a cut desperately. Once he's seated in the drivers seat of his Porsche, he realizes that he doesn't really have anyone to grab a coffee with. Actually, he has nobody. Courtney had stopped talking to him from the moment her secret was let out by Ashleigh Davis and he couldn't blame her. He used her to his own benefit when he should have supported her. After he found out she had a child while Dylan, he agreed to keep the secret if she would still be his girlfriend. That meant romantically too. He never forced her into anything but Courtney often gave into him when he suggested late night calls as she was afraid he would expose her if she didn't.

He would have.

Dating Courtney meant more popularity and power for himself which was exactly what he wanted. Dating her put him above the rest of the student body. He sighs and grabs his phone in his pocket. They may have not been a real couple but he did care about Courtney to a certain extent and he did like her to a certain extent, too. Even if it wasn't obvious. Logan goes through his list of contacts, pausing above a number he isn't quite sure he knows why he has. He chews on his lip in thought, indecisive as to what to do before he texts her, asking to meet at a nearby coffee shop. After he clicks send, he drives off while not being sure whether she'll come or not. If not, at least he can get a dosage of caffeine. Goodness knows he needs it.