EPILOGUE

4 years later

I pick up my bag, slinging it over my shoulder and quickly slipping my heels on. I do a quick once over in the mirror before smiling in satisfaction and making my way downstairs. Yes, I'm still living with my mother even after all these years. However, I won't be for much longer since Alex and I are looking for a nearby apartment to take residency in. And yes, Alex and I still together; going stronger than ever to be honest. We're both officially done with studying, him working with Ryan in Rosewood Hotels and me, going into philanthropy as I always dreamed to while using my linguistics to do so. We've had a rollercoaster of a ride together but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it. I love Alex even more than I could ever imagine.

Along with that, a lot has changed. Nina and Martin are still going strong, traveling whenever holidays come around. However, we're still close with them. We spend most of our free weekends with them, laughing like we used to. Cole is in Boston, studying biology while Rachel stayed behind to study teaching like she had originally said. However, they're no longer together.

"We just weren't fit for one another." She had said.

Rachel tried denying it but I knew she was heartbroken from the split. They really cared about each other. Thalia doesn't speak much to us. All we know is that she majored in psychology, taking the top of her class. After high school, the Elite and Rebels disappeared; the idea no longer in existence. I never heard from any of them again except for Kelcy; we spoke quite frequently actually. She ended up finding an attractive boyfriend while traveling in China. They seemed pretty serious. I haven't heard anything on Tyler and James, nor on Megan but I do know that Ashleigh ended up in the IT department with her amazing computer skills. Dylan and Courtney stayed in town but we never see much of them. Dylan and Alex never reconnected and I think that was because there was too much hurt in the relationship for them to move forward. They both grew apart and they couldn't really grow closer again. Logan's become a multi-millionaire at the ripe age of twenty-two and is a successful businessman alongside his father. And Chris.... well, he's doing football and he's really good at it. I haven't said a word to him either but I have my sources.

When I reach the bottom of the staircase I walk towards my front porch and open it up, only to see Alex with his hand in mid-air about to ring the doorbell. He looks at me in surprise first before his mouth falls into a grin.

"You look stunning." He tells me, eyeing my appearance. We're going on another date tonight and I'm excited about that. College took a lot of our time away from each other with all the work. He hands me a bouquet of white roses and I smile at them.

"You look handsome." I respond, noticing the extra effort he put in today. Alex is still the same attractive man I fell in love with and I couldn't be more grateful that neither of us have drifted apart. He chuckles, smirking at me with amusement.

"I always look handsome." He teases and I roll my eyes, heading back inside to put the flowers in a vase. He trails after me as I pull one out of the kitchen cupboard and fill it with water before placing the flowers inside. I dry my hands before looking up at him with a smile. He rounds the counter, slowing wrapping his arms around my waist. My heart begins to beat erratically and I feel my breath hitch in my throat as he stares down at me. After four and a half years, he still has the same effect on me. He can still make me drop dead with that charming smile of his.

"Are you ready to go?" I ask him, struggling to keep my eyes from straying to his rosy lips. They stretch into a smile and I fail, my eyes briefly flitting to them before I snap them back up to his chocolate swirls. They're gleaming with amusement and I know he's teasing me. He leans forward, our nose inches apart, and whispers: "You look really nice in that dress."