FIFTEEN

I try to prepare myself for the pain that's going to shoot up my leg. Now that my adrenaline is fading away, there's nothing to numb the pain. I get up from off the tree and hobble to the park, wincing in pain. I eventually get to the park, taking a seat on a swing with a sigh. I glance down at my leg, noticing the blood dripping down it. I drop my heels on the floor and rest my head against the chain of the swing, the cool nipping at my skin. I'm all bloodied up and bruised, smelling of alcohol and in the park in the middle of the night, all alone.

Aren't I sight to see.

It's in this very moment that I feel an unbearable weight of hurt rest on my shoulders.

Courtney sold me out- for sex, might I add- to keep her facade up, the others are supposed to be my friends and I couldn't even go to them for help. And myself... I let myself get involved with people who hurt others, nevermind me, and are careless and selfish.

How much more messed up could my life and my decisions get?

The saddest part is that I'm just like them. Goodness, I'm an absolute idiot.

And now Alex is risking his reputation to come and help me at three in the morning. What a interesting scandal it would be at Ridgevale High: Alex Rosewood picks up a beaten up Sophie Cooper from the club.

If one of them see is together, it's over. Everything will go to shit. Everything we've tried so hard to keep up.

But how is it that Alex can help me and he's known me for, what, three weeks? And the people I've known for the last five years can't?

Five years. Five pointless years at that.

I was so dumb.

A memory of Geoff slamming me into the wall flashes through my mind and a tear rolls down my cheek as I feel so fucking violated.

How dare he.

I close my eyes, feeling exhaustion hit my like a bus. I just want to close my eyes, sleep and forget about what happened however, I can't exactly do that in a park. For all I know, another Geoff Lawson could be running around, and I surely don't want a repeat. After all, my dress isn't that conservative and I'm all alone. I'm the perfect target for another assault.

I shiver at that.

I'm drifting in and out of consciousness when I hear the rumble of an engine stop along the sidewalk of the park. I sit up straighter, squinting at the car, only to see Alex climbing out of it. He jogs over to me, and I take note of his appearance; besides his usual attire, he looks very awake.

"Sophie." He murmurs when he finally reaches me. I lift my head up from the chain of the swing. His hazel eyes scan my appearance and they frown in concern. "What happened to you?" He asks, crouching down to look me in the eye.

I give him a humorless smile. "Courtney sold me out," I explain tiredly "to a bouncer so that we could get VIP access."

Alex is quit for a moment, his lips pursed and his eyes taking on a deadly glint. "What do you mean she 'sold you out'?"

"She told him I'd do anything with him for an hour, and I'm sure you know what he wanted that anything to be."

Alex tenses in front of me, his jaw setting rigidly. Saying it out loud makes the whole situation seem a lot more real and I purse my lips, trying not to cry in front of him. He let's out a heavy sigh.

"C'mon." He then says. I get up from the swing and use Alex's shoulder as support before he leans down and picks up my heels for me and then suddenly picking me up bridal style. I don't focus on how warm he is and how bad I want to snuggle up to him simply because I just want to go home and clean up. He holds me effortlessly, not even struggling to put me in the passenger seat of his beautiful Audi TT. However, he knocks my leg on the side of the car and I wince.