FOURTEEN

WARNING: TOUCHES ON THE TOPIC OF SEXUAL ASSAULT

The room is dark with different coloured strobe lights flickering in all directions. Bodies covered in glowing paint dance together as music pumps through the club. My mouth stretches into a wide smile as I take in the whole thing; the music, the vibe, the people... everything. I immediately start swaying to the song that plays and Chris chuckles at me.

The long bar that stretches across the whole left side of the room has various people doing shots at it and another bouncer controls the movement of the people in the VIP lounge which is upstairs, looking over the dance floor. Courtney says something to the bouncer who simply nods and lets us in without question. Once we're upstairs, a few other people take up the room as well but it is still not nearly as crammed as downstairs.

Whatever Courtney really did to make Geoff let us in worked because I don't believe that Geoff made a mistake; our names weren't on that list.

The VIP lounge has its own bar which is a lot smaller than the one downstairs but still offers the same alcohol. We head there first and when the waitress turns around, revealing the shirt she has on which basically covers nothing, Tyler looks at her seductively. She smiles at him, fluttering her eyelashes, causing her thick layer of makeup to crinkle at the sides of her mouth.

"What can I get you guys?" She asks us, having to speak a little louder due to the music.

Tyler leans on the bar table. "A glass of Hennessy, please." He grins, showing off his dimples. "And maybe your number?" He asks her casually and she giggles before winking at him cheekily.

"Maybe I can help you with that," she murmurs to him before taking the rest of our orders down. I order a cocktail where as everyone else orders more intoxicating drinks to get drunk off their asses. I don't see where's the joy in getting drunk and not remembering anything about your time but, hey, I'm not going to judge.

After the waitress is done taking our orders- and passing her number to Tyler- she gets to making our drinks.

"Boys." Ashleigh rolls her eyes and Kelcy looks at her coldly.

Once we all have our drinks and are seated in a large booth in the corner with the boys preoccupied, Courtney turns to us with a smug smile.

"Why do you guys think?" She asks, taking a sip from her glass.

Everyone comments and when she looks at me expectantly, I smile wryly. "It's what you always manage to get us."

She laughs. "Oh Sophie, you identify my abilities too well."

I resist the urge to roll my eyes.

Just then, a phone goes off, catching all of our attention. Ashleigh places her drink on the round wooden table and digs through her bag with a frown. In the process of her trying to find her cellphone, a few things drop out of her seemingly very full bag; including a box that falls closest to Courtney.

When Ashleigh takes notice of that, she immediately stops looking for her phone and- in a panic- tries to reach for the box. However, Courtney notices her movements and is quick to reach for the item and hold it up to her face. I look between Ashleigh and Courtney curiously, watching how Ashleigh's lips straighten into a firm line. Courtney's lips, however, lift into an amused smile and she puts her drink on the table before reading the item in her hand with what seems to be feigned interest.

"Really Ash?" Courtney looks over at Ashleigh. "Extra thin, lightweight?" Courtney shakes her a head with a laugh that sounds evilly malicious.