TWENTY-FIVE

A pang of hurt hits me hard in my stomach as I take in the sight. He and another girl- one who wears a tight, short, pink dress which leaves nothing to your imagination- are eating each other's faces off as Alex presses her against the wall. I frown. The Rebels who are around him don't even seem bothered. It's as if this is normal.

It is Sophie. Alex; the notorious player of Ridgevale High is making out with a girl. Big shock.

Suddenly my happiness disappates. I thought he wasn't playing with girls any longer.

Why do I even care? Why does Alex affect my happiness so much anyway? It's his life, he can do whatever he wants...

"Sophie, are you alright?" Chris asks, making me snap my attention back to him. I then notice that I am standing still in the middle of the dance floor. I nod at Chris, "I'm just tired, I'm going to go sit down." I hastily go back to the bar, realising that I also forgot about my strawberry daiquiri.

"Hey pretty lady, I was wondering where you went. Can I make you a new drink?" The bar tender asks politely.

"Thank you, I'd appreciate that." I say with a small smile. He returns to where all the alcohol is stacked and begins making me new drink while my head swirls with a million and one thought. I lean my head into my hands with a sigh and close my eyes to try and get my thoughts into order.

I don't understand why seeing Alex with another girl has pissed me off so much. I shouldn't care.

It doesn't matter. It shouldn't matter. I won't let it matter.

Just then I feel somebody sit beside me. "Are you going tell me whats wrong or not?" Chris asks. I open my eyes and look up at him "I don't feel too well. A little dizzy."

"The rest of us are going outside. You guys coming?" Tyler asks when he shows up behind us.

"Lets go Soph. Maybe you need some air." Chris suggests to me. I purse my lips in thought before nodding and standing up.

Chris grabs my hand, guiding me through the house to the back garden where the rest of the Elite seem to be heading to. We squish between the grinding bodies and eventually make it out onto the now littered patio. Chris guides me as we follow Courtney and Logan when suddenly the air clouds over with tension. You know in those movies when the villain has supposedly taken over the world and suddenly the clouds start rolling in and the sky gets all dark? Yeah, that's how sudden the tension makes an appearance. I look passed Courtney's shoulder to see the Rebels glaring back at us.

Of course.

I immediately move forward, letting go of Chris's hand and moving closer to Courtney to hear whats going on. I don't understand why we can just never have a peaceful evening when the Rebels are around.

"Watch where you're going next time asshole." Logan growls at Alex.

Alex gives him a blank expression, "The last time I checked you're the one who walked into me. Not the other way around, Logan." Alex sneers his name as if it leaves a bitter taste in his mouth. I purse my lips. The music in the house is no longer playing and everyone- who is still sober enough to notice the soon-to-be-fight- surround us.

Logan takes a step forward and Courtney watches in amusement from my side and I feel like slapping some sense into her. Not everything is damn joke! Alex takes a step forward too, the Rebels close behind him, all looking ready to act if they need to. However, I do take note of the fact that Dylan isn't here today.

Which isn't too much of a surprise considering he seems to be ditching the Rebels a lot lately.

"What are you trying to say Rosewood?" Logan asks, his voice holding a warning tone to it.