SIXTEEN

I wake up to a bright light and an aching side. I turn onto my back to look at the white ceiling, trying to remember the night's events. I slowly climb out of bed trying to fight the urge to continue sleeping, too. I loosen my hair and re-secure it in a neater ponytail before checking my phone, only to see numerous texts from Chris, Ashleigh and my mom. I let them all I know I'm fine, telling Chris and Ash that I'm home and that he can give me my bag on Monday while telling my mom I'm at Kelcy.

Once I'm done I open the door which leads to the passage. A delicious aroma hits my nose making my stomach grumble in hunger and I make my way down the passage and stairs. Now that it's day, I can see the house even better and to say the least, I'm flabbergasted that a house can actually look so pretty. His house belongs in one of those magazines.

There are a few pictures on the wall down the staircase and I stop at one to see Alex holding a little girl with dirty blonde hair and blue eyes in his arms. I assume it's his sister from the resemblence. Let's just say that God really blessed this family with good looks because not only is Alex and his sister gorgeous, but his mom looks like a model! She has chocolate brown hair like Alex and blue eyes like his sister as well as high cheekbones and a tall, slender frame.

Next to the picture of Alex with his mom and sister is a complete family picture. Alex sits with his sister while his mom sits next to a man with jet black hair and tanned skin. He smiles widely, showing off his pearly white teeth. He has large eyes and a small frame compared to most men which is clad in an expensive looking tuxedo. He looks so... professional. Then again, he does own Rosewood Hotels so of course he'd be professional.

Alex's stepfather definitely looks like an intimidating man.

I stop examining the picture and continue walking until I see a drawn up picture of his family tree. It spikes my curiosity and I stop to read a few names, only to  come across a family with the surname 'Ross.' . The family tree basically shows his whole family line including his biological dad's. I frown at the familiar surname but decide that there are many people I know who could have it, and continue walking. Once I reach the bottom of the stairs I realise I have no clue where the kitchen is. I hear a few clangs and booms coming from behind a door and I take that as a fair sign that that is where the kitchen is situated. I push the door open to reveal another large room, the kitchen fortunately, with Alex standing behind the stove in all his glory.

I step into the room not quite knowing what to say and am taken aback when he turns around and gives me a small smile before flipping a pancake. He's cute, hot, smells really nice, is good with kids, is helpful and cooks pancakes- with blueberry syrup?

He's the whole damn package.

"Morning sleeping beauty," he greets.

"Morning," I say, pulling a chair from the island in the middle of the kitchen and taking a seat.
"Sleep well?" He says, dishing up the food.

"Considering that I only got six hours sleep, yes." He chuckles as he hands me a plate with pancakes and syrup over it.

"I didn't know you could cook." I say, grabbing it thankfully.

"Theres quite a lot you don't know about me," he counters, silencing me.

I dig into the pancakes almost immediately and honestly, they're even better than my moms. And that's surprising.

"Oh my goodness! This tastes amazing!" I comment, eating more. He laughs at my statement but doesn't say anything else, digging into his own plate.

"You know what else tastes nice?" He eventually asks- breaking the silence- leaning on the island and watching me while he eats his own pancakes.

"No?"