Chapter 4: Ice Cream and After

Emma's P.O.V:

Because we are adults, adults who clearly have feelings that are having a hard time being expressed, because we are adults we continue our lives like things never changed. Killian and I remain close, so do the kids, and as promised, today we take them out for icecream at this cute diner called Grannies Killian knows about. We go inside, hanging our coats at the door and taking seats.

"They've got wonderful wine," Killian says with a smirk. I laugh. Of course he'd know that. He orders two red wines as we settle down. The kids run off to the toys the owner has brought out for them, and we order their ice cream.

Thanks by the way, for helping me earlier. I don't know how else I would've gotten dry clothes, I sign laughing.

"Of course, love. I coudln't very well leave you covered in dirty water could I? You'd get my daughter sick," he repiles with a smirk. I roll my eyes, smiling. 

"What do you suppose their doing?" Killian asks me. I look over accross the diner where the kids are playing with the toys.

Being kids, I sign thoughtfully. I see Killian's eyes soften as he looks at his daughter.

"Killian is the icecream done yet?" Henry asks Killian.

"Not quite yet lad, I'll call you over when it is, and you can bring Molly, okay?"

"Okay!" Henry runs off back to Molly who holds up a toy princess. I smile at them, they're so adorable.

"Emma I need to tell you something," Killian says, poking me gently to get my attention.

Yeah? I sign, somewhat confused. He takes a deep breath and looks up into my eyes.

"The day my wife Milah died was the worst day of my life. I'll never experience pain worse than I did that day. After her death... I didn't think I was capable of love again, or even real fealing. I was stuck on avenging her, even though she died of a natural cause, sort of... all those years I disregarded my daughter, left her mainly with my family. My parents, my brother and Regina and their kids. I got obsessed with my job, trying to distract myself from the pain. I um..." He stops, looking up, blinking back tears. I take his hand giving him a squeeze, encouraging him to continue. He gives me a weak smile and contiues.

"I would uh... I slept with countless women, broke so many hearts. It was one-night stands every night, not even paying attention to who I was with, or how they felt. So I-I never thought I would be capable of love again. That I could open my heart to somebody, and be theirs. That is..." I really didn't expect what was coming next, "that is until I met you." My eyes widen in surprise as his words sink in.

"And before you protest, Swan," he says when I try to raise my hands to sign, taking them into his own so I can't, "I know you've got this idea in your head that you're not enough. That I deserve better than you. But Emma I promise you, you're perfect. You're amazing. You're more than enough, and easily more than I deserve. After all these years I finally feel something again, I feel happy. And it's because of you." 

I stare into his eyes, smiling, and then his lips are on mine. I'm caught by surprise, but I don't pull away. Instead I kiss him back, moving my hand from his to the back of his neck, pulling him closer. He plays with my hair as we move in sync, enjoying every moment. He slides his tongue across my bottom lip for access I quickly grant. It's a fight for dominance that Killian quickly wins, our tongues dancing, our bodies close, our arms around each other. But suddenly he pulls away just as I lean in for more, signalling me to wait just a moment. Keeping his arms around me, he looks up over my shoulder and says a few words I can't make out and turns back to me. I look at him questioningly.