Chapter 22: Listen

THAT IS RIGHT MY RAINBOW MUNCHKIN BITCHES THE PUMA HAS STRUCK ONCE AGAIN IN HER SEIGE TO MAKE YOU ALL MISERABLE. I MEAN HAPPY. MISERABLE IS THE NEXT CHAPTER. WUT.

Notice the title of this chapter. The fact that it is the same as the title of the book she tell you something... like it could be a turning point... or something might happen....

Leave your thoughts in the comments, don't forget to vote, AAAND!!!!

Enjoy...

Upon the dawn of Tuesday morning, the birds chirped faintly in the trees. The wind blew gently, the sun shone.

Emma Swan slept miserably, with guilt heavy in her heart for missing so many days of teaching.

Killian Jones slept with the comfort of his love beside him, ideas for his next song coursing through his dreams.

Emma's sleep was not sound. No, not at all.

Dreams haunted her, screams making her throat raw, and sweat stuck the sheets to her bare legs. She was terrified.

Terrified she'd lose everything she had come to know. 

The sweet sound of Killian's voice shaking her awake in the morning when her alarm didn't wake her. Henry's blissful laughter that brought such a wide smile to her face. Molly's limited verbal vocabulary that she was finally utilizing.

There was a chance she might never hear any of it again.

Each time she woke that night, strong arms were there to hold her, to comfort her.

To wash her fears away.

And each time she ran from the bed to get sick, those same arms were there to hold back her hair and to catch her when she'd finished. 

To carry her back to bed.

Killian was nervous. Oh so nervous for what would come.

What would happen if Emma lost her hearing again? Would she build her walls back up, miles high so that even he couldn't break them?

Would she clip her wings if she knew she'd never fly again?

He couldn't let that happen to her... he couldn't let her fall back down that path.

Listen.

An interesting word.

To listen is to do so many things. To listen is to understand.

To listen is to know.

To listen is to have the ability of feeling pain in others' voices.

To sense tranquility in an early morning.

Emma Swan was finally able to listen... and now? It could be taken away from her.

Killian's bright blue eyes fluttered open slowly, peering through his thick lashes to gaze at the blonde beauty beside him.

He sighed, propping himself up on his elbow and running his fingers through her golden locks with the other hand. 

She'd had such a rough night.

The kids had come in, worried for her, quite early in the morning. They could sense something was wrong. 

Emma began to stir under Killian's gentle touch, turning into his chest and snuggling up to him until he held her. 

"Good morning, Swan," Killian said, caressing her cheek.

"Morning," she said groggily, not even attempting a smile as she rubbed the bags below her eyes.