Chapter 31: Takeoff

THIS IS VERY LATE. LIKE VERY VERY LATE AND UNEDITED BUT YA KNOW WHAT IT'S HERE OKAY. THE PUMA APOLOGIZES... ENJOY.

Emma's P.O.V

"Good morning," Killian greets me with warm, loving kisses the moment my eyes flutter open. I smile brightly, kissing him back with all my love.

Today we leave for Ireland.

"You excited?" Killian asks with a smirk, his lips lingering over mine.

"Very," I answer with a grin, biting my lip.

"You're adorable," Killian smiles, dropping a kiss on my nose.

I giggle, jumping out of bed and dragging him with me.

"What are you doing?" Killian laughs, following my lead.

"Dragging you downstairs to eat breakfast with your wife," I answer matter of factly.

At that, Killian stops us in the middle of the hallway and tugs me by the hand towards him. Instantly, our lips are fused together in a sweet, long, loving kiss.

I pull away softly, glancing up into his beautiful, beautiful eyes.

And there's something about his eyes. Something that can somehow entrap me in an endless gaze. Shining, shimmering, with love. Twinkling with mischief. So blue and bright. Icy, even.

"I love you," I whisper in a daze, caressing his cheek softly.

You'd think I'd be used to it by now, but I'm not. I found love with the man in front of me. I found a family. A home.

I'm actually married. I, Emma Swan, am actually married. A few years ago, had someone told me I'd be getting married to a man my son fantasized about meeting, I would have called them crazy.

"I love you too, Emma."

I smile, completely smitten as I rest my head on his chest and let him hold me.

I have someone to hold me. To love and cherish me. I never have to be alone again. Then again, being alone stopped the moment Killian came into my life, but this is different. Now it's official.

I smirk to myself, remembering all the nights where, as I corrected papers for my students, I'd doodle on a piece of scrap paper during breaks things like: 'Mrs. Jones' or 'Emma + Killian = ❤️.' Now, I can actually write 'Emma Jones' on things like paperwork, the board at school... Emma Jones has a nice ring to it.

It makes me smile like an idiot.

"Just what are you thinking about?" Killian asks, smirking at my expression.

I look up to meet his eyes, my smile widening.

"How much I love you," I answer honestly.

Killian's cheeks go rosy as he smiles.

"Oh," he blushes.

I nudge my nose against his, catching his lips softly.

"Come on, let's eat," I smile.

Killian laughs and pulls away slightly.

"Sure, love."

"Wait!" I call.

"What?" he asks, turning to face me.

"That doesn't mean let go of me," I answer shyly, heat flowing to my cheeks.

Killian smirks affectionately, holding open his arms.

"Come here, you," he says, rolling his eyes.