Chapter 36: Aaand, We're Back

Apologies, guys, hehe...
Despite the popular demand, I just didn't have the motivation to write smut. Sorry! Please don't hurt me, lol.
So, anyways, here's the next chapter for ya. I really wanted to get this one up, so I hope you guys like it.

Emma's P.O.V- a two weeks later:

"Emma, darling, hurry up, we're going to miss our flight home!" Killian calls from downstairs. I'm currently rushing around searching for the one thing I need right now, and I can't flipping find it. His yelling isn't helping.

"I know, I know, but it only takes ten minutes, and if I could just find the box, then this wouldn't be a problem!" I call back, tossing a pillow over my shoulder. 

Where the hell is it?!

"Alright, I'm coming up to help you look," Killian sighs. I can hear the stairs creaking at the weight of his steps as he approaches.

Not on the bed, not on the nightstand, not in the bathroom...

UNDER THE BED.

Just as Killian walks in, I'm throwing the bedsheets up and sliding myself under the bed.

"Found it!!!" I exclaim, shoving my hand into view from under the bed with the box sitting right in my palm.

"Come on, then," Killian relents with an affectionate smirk, helping to pull me out from under the bed.

"Ten minutes," I tell him, pressing a quick kiss to his lips. "Promise."

Killian shakes his head with a little chuckle.

"Go," he laughs, pushing me towards the bathroom.

"I'm going!" I laugh back, my smile growing even wider, if that's possible. I pause for a moment thinking about how it got under the bed in the first place.

Right. We were getting busy. And I kicked it.

Right.

Here we go... I think to myself. This is it. This has to be it, this has to be the time.

I pull a stick out of the box. Then three more just to be sure. A pregnancy test... of all the things I've been through in my life, a pregnancy test seems to be the first I'm really terrified of. It... it has to be positive. It just has to.

I take a deep breath and... do my business. You know how it works. And then, I leave the stick on the tub and get the hell out of the bathroom. I just know that if I don't get out of here, I'll never put the damn stick down.

Killian gives me a reassuring smile when he sees me come out and pulls me into a hug. I don't know how he knows every time I need a hug, but hey, I'm not complaining. He says it's cause he's 'perceptive'. Personally, I think that's his way of bullshitting out of the fact that he's actually the biggest softy in the world. 

It's funny. He always says I'm the one who's the open book but... I see past the image that the world sees. I see past the celebrity, the 'hot billionaire'. He's just Killian to me. My Killian.

And this is exactly why I love this man. I can walk into his arms and never come out, not even noticing that any time has passed. I feel so safe there... so at home. Which is probably why I'm actually startled when the ten minute timer goes off.

Suddenly my heart is pounding. Beating in my ear.

It's time.

"Ready?" Killian asks me sweetly. He takes my hands in his, assessing me. I shake my head in response. I'm scared. I don't say it, but he knows.