Chapter 32: Arrival

Hello everyone! Surprised to see an update? So am I 😂 The Puma greatly appreciates your patience 😬

So I have decided that I am going to drag out this honeymoon for as long as possible 😂 Enjoy that, haha 😅

It took far too long to get up, but I hope you enjoy! I honestly didn't bother editing 😬

Killian's P.O.V:

Warm, fuzzy, and bloody bubbly.

That's the way she makes me feel when I look over to find my wife asleep, her head resting on my shoulder. She doesn't sleep much- only taking the leisure when we can cuddle up together. Selfishly, I find it just so damn adorable that she sleeps her best when she snuggles up to my chest so innocently.

We've been up in the air for quite some time now. I booked us a one-plane trip so we won't have to switch airlines halfway through. That's just too bloody exhausting. We should be landing in an hour or so, but I don't have the heart to wake Emma just yet. If she doesn't wake till we land and remains half asleep as we exit the plane, I can always carry her. I definitely don't mind her clinging to me adorably when she's asleep and I hold her.

I reach up and press the call button, then ask the flight attendant who arrives for a blanket. She smiles kindly and hands one to me with a blush before giggling and walking away.

Good thing Emma is asleep, or the poor woman would have probably lost her head. My possessive little Swan.

I chuckle to myself, draping the blanket over Emma. Noticing that the armrest between us is presenting a challenge, I lift Emma's head gently and push the armrest out of the way. Once the obstacle is no longer there, Emma embraces the opportunity to lay on her side, her head resting in my lap.

I smile adoringly, running my hands through her golden locks, and pull the covers up to her chin to keep her warm. I'll never understand why airplanes are so vigorously air conditioned.

The hour passes and I actually manage to doze off for a little while, being awakened by the pilot when he makes the announcement that we'll be landing shortly. I stretch in my seat, leaning down to gently lay kisses on Emma's face. She smiles in her sleep, giggling softly when my scruff tickles her neck.

"Killian," she mumbles with a smile.

"Come on, sweetheart, were landing," I say gently, nuzzling my nose against her cheek.

Emma's eyes flutter open and she glances up to meet my gaze.

"Hi," she smiles sleepily.

"We're landing," I grin, helping her sit up and get her seat-belt on.

"Need some help getting yours on?" the flight attendant from earlier asks with a wink. She glances down at my waist.

Emma raises an eyebrow, suddenly very awake, and sends a death glare her way. I laugh affectionately. I find it funny how she still gets jealous, even after we've married. If she knew the amount of people who act this way towards me on a daily basis, she'd most likely explode.

"I think I'm alright, thanks," I smile at the woman, taking Emma's hand to calm her down.

The flight attendant shrugs and walks away with a smirk.

"Who the hell does she think she is?!" Emma growls.

"Relax, Emma," I chuckle, cupping her cheek gently. "You know I have eyes for you, and you alone."

Emma's scowl slowly morphs into a smile and she laughs lightly, resting her head in my shoulder.

"I know," she smirks.

She leans up to catch my lips contently.

Two hours later, we've finally made it through all the dreadful lines and idiotic staff. We make it out and into the central area of the airport.

And there, of course, awaits a large crowd of fans.

I should've throughly my through that post... I think to myself, recalling the photo I posted in the plane about our honeymoon.

"Hi Killian!" A little girl, perhaps ten years old, smiles brightly. I look over at Emma, and she nods, giving me the okay to spend a little time greeting the fans before we go to get our luggage.

"Well hello, lass," I smile, kneeling down to the little girl's level. "What's your name, darling?" I ask her.

She blushes, giggling before she answers.

"My name's Sarah," she smiles shyly.

"That a lovely name, now isn't it? Those your mum and dad?" I ask her, pointing to the adults who are filming her.

"Uhuh," she nods.

"You have a beautiful daughter. Would you like a picture, princess?"

Sarah nods excitedly, running over to take her father's phone. She hands it to me with a grin.

"Right, here we are. Say Enemies!"

Emma smiles off to the side and shakes her head affectionately.

After a few more signings and photos, Emma and I manage to head over to the luggage belt to pick up our suitcases.

Before we put all our suitcases in the car on our way to the airport back home, Emma insisted on adding little tags to ensure we could find them. I didn't think it would help at all, but I let her do it, seeing how happy she and the kids were to make them. They had all gathered around the table with glue, felt, lots of glitter, and who knows what the devil else, and emerged with the most precious little creations to help us identify our bags.

Now I see the benefit of suitcase tags. We're able to spot our luggage immediately, the sparkly tags being unique and easy to find.

"There's the last one," Emma points out, lifting it off the belt.

Damn her distracting strong arms.

"Ready?" I ask her, shaking out of my daze. Emma nods excitedly, holding the bag and her purse. With one arm around her waist and another dragging along the second suitcase, we finally leave the airport.

"It is such a relief to be out of there," Emma sighs, relaxing as we climb into the car I called for us.

I smile, kissing her forehead, and watch her admire the scenery all around us on the drive to my childhood home.

When Liam and I still lived here in Ireland with our parents as young boys, we lived in a beautiful colorful house on a cliff hanging over the ocean. Mum would get mad when we neared the edge of the cliff, but I can still hear my papa's voice saying, "Lay off, Ava. They're smart lads, and they're only having fun."

We used to return each summer once we moved to America, but when my grandmum passed away, it was too hard for Mum and Dad to come back. So we never did. The house, however, remained ours.

I've wanted to return for quite some time. And now I have, with the most amazing woman at my side. I smile fondly to myself. Gran would have loved Emma.

One of the biggest surprises I have for Emma is that she doesn't know we're staying in the house I grew up in. As far as she knows, we're headed to some sort of hotel or resort. While I could easily have afforded to purchase something of the sort, I realized this would mean far more to her than a fancy hotel suit. The house is quite beautiful and with an incredible view, so I'm not worried about Emma disliking where we'll be staying.

The driver takes us up the cliff where the house lies and parks when we arrive. Emma looks around, confused.

"Where are we?" she asks, taking in our surrounding when we get out of the car.

We grab the bags from the trunk and thank the driver, then start our walk up the path to the house.

"My childhood home."