Chapter 33: Social Media Sucks

Yay another update! It took me a while to get it up (sorry) 😂 Enjoy loves!

Emma's P.O.V:

"Wait.." I stop in my tracks. I turn to face Killian with a wide smile on my face. "This is literally where you grew up?"

"Aye," he grins.

"No frickin way!"

He smiles affectionately, watching me playfully as I make a full circle around the house. Eventually, Killian manages to pull me out of my daze and into the house, where I'm just overcome with awe again.

"Killian, this place is just beautiful," I breathe, turning to face him with shining eyes and a wide smile. "Thank you for bringing me here," I whisper, wrapping my arms around his neck. Killian places his hands on my hips and pulls me closer with a smile of his own.

"My pleasure, Swan," he grins, leaning down to capture my lips in a long kiss.

To think that Killian actually took the time to consider that we don't have to spend our honeymoon in a hotel amazes me. I mean, he can afford the most expensive suite in the most expensive hotel with the most luxurious privileges, and yet, he dug deeper. When he asked me where I wanted to honeymoon, I said I wanted to see where he grew up. And now I'm actually seeing it. This man constantly amazes me.

"Now, my beautiful wife, shall we head upstairs and unpack?" Killian suggests as we pull away, smirking as he caresses my cheek.

"I think, my devilishly handsome husband, we should do just that," I reply, biting my lip. I lean forward and press a quick kiss to his lips, then grab my bag.

"Race ya!"

He chuckles affectionately as I run up the stairs.

"Just watch the second to last step, it's shorter than the others," Killian calls, chasing after me.

I smile to myself at his concern, and follow his direction into the second room to the right. When we enter, it's like a bomb of the ocean and music went off in here.

The walls are painted navy blue, with a painting of a ship on the ocean hanging on the left hand wall. Against that wall is a desk, old trinkets and photos sitting on it. The bed is decently large, the bedsheets white and blue. Guitars of all sorts hang on the walls, as well as cases of signed merchandise, guitar pics, and photos. Two large windows lie on the far wall, overlooking the outside cliff view and letting in the bright moonlight.

I can feel Killian's gaze on me as I slowly make my way around the room, admiring each and every little thing. When I reach his desk, I break out into a wide smile. Some old math homework sits on it, and a pair of glasses rest on top of the papers.

"How did I not know that you wore glasses?!" I ask, delighted.

"Well, they aren't something I tend bring up. They remind me of a less pleasant time," Killian admits. I glace up at him questioningly.

He sits on the bed and beckons for me to come over. When I sit beside him, he gently pulls my legs over his lap and wraps his arms around me. I loop my hands around his neck and look into his eyes.

"When I was a young lad, I was nearly the opposite of the man I am now. I was, as my colleagues would say, a nerd. Or perhaps it was dork. I wore glasses, braces, the lot of it. I was frowned upon by my peers during my schooling because of my dedication to education. None of my classmates ever bothered to become properly acquainted with me because I took all the advanced courses with the older kids."