Chapter 23: Try

Alright, 3K words here delivered by the Puma!!

Enjoy...

"Emma, darling? Are you ready to go?" Killian called from outside the bathroom.

He'd explained the whole situation to the lot of their friends as she got herself together, and while they were nervous as hell, nothing could top the waves of anxiety radiating off of Emma. 

"Not really..." came Emma's voice, faint and shaky. Killian sighed, opening the door and stepping in to find his fiancée staring into the mirror.

He stepped behind her, wrapping his arms warmly around her torso. She smiled weakly as he placed a gentle kiss on her cheek.

"Come on, my love. Let's go," he whispered. She nodded, managing to avoid her tears with Killian's comfort. 

"Henry, Molly, we have to go," Killian called into their room.

"Where are we going, Killy?" Henry asked cutely.

"We've gotta take your mum to see the doctor, lad. She isn't doing too good," Killian answered honestly.

Daddy, is Emma gonna die? Molly signed innocently.

Gods no, princess. Don't worry. Come on then, into the car, you two, Killian signed back.

They got into the car, driving to House's office in silence. Emma didn't like it.

She turned up the radio, returning her hand to Killian's. But when she heard the song that played on the radio... that was it. She broke. It was their song. The song. 

The Words. 

Her tears fell like rain from a cloud as Emma feared everything she could lose. 

"Killy, why is mommy crying?" Henry asked, fear in his voice.

"She's just... afraid, lad."

Henry didn't reply. He only frowned and signaled to Molly to follow his example as he took his mother's hand gently into his own.

"It's okay, mommy," he said, kissing her hand as he'd seen Killian do multiple times.

Yeah, Emma, we love you, Molly signed, also kissing her hand.

Killian gave her a look telling her he loved her and began to gently sing along to the radio. Emma sobbed into his sleeve as he drove, one arm wrapped securely around her, and the other on the wheel. 

"Kids, why don't you go see Aunty Mary and David inside with Gina and Liam," Killian said to Henry and Molly once they'd arrived. Henry nodded, repeating Killian's words in sign to Molly, and the two of them went inside to the rest of the family and circle of friends. 

"Swan. We're here, love," Killian said gently. She didn't budge.

Killian closed his eyes, pushing away the arising thoughts and tried again with the same volume.

No response.

"No," he whispered.

She was right. It was already starting to fade.

He gently shook her arm and she looked up to see his sad eyes. He repeated himself once more and she nodded slightly, following him out to the office in silence.

"Emma," Mary-Margret exclaimed softly, running up to her and enveloping her in a hug. 

At first, Emma simply stood there, unsure how to react, but moments later she was crying on her shoulder, clinging to her friend for dear life.