Chapter 30: Star

IT TOOK LIKE 10 YEARS BUT HERE'S AN UPDATE FOR YA (4K+ words)  |unedited|

Enjoy!

Killian's P.O.V:

The morning after our wedding, I awake to Emma's sweet kisses peppering my face, creating a trail of of warmth through the morning chill.

Although I attempt to withhold it, smile spreads across my face.

I open my eyes, allowing myself to gaze upon the beauty that awakened me from my slumber.

"Good morning," Emma says in the sweetest voice, a loving grin upon her face as she caresses my cheek, leaning over my body.

"Aye... a good morning it is," I smile bringing her lips down to mine.

Emma smiles against me, rolling onto her side as she pulls away and cuddling up to my chest.

My arm finds its way around her petite figure, holding her close, while I leave a soft kiss in her hair.

"You're so warm," Emma mumbles, her cold nose pressed to my chest as she attempts to warm up.

"Am I?" I ask with amusement.

"Yeah. You're like my very own heater- nice and hot," she smirks.

I laugh lovingly, unable to lose the smile plastered to my face.

Emma gazes up into my eyes and I look right back, brushing my thumb gently over her cheekbone.

"What is it?" Emma asks, her voice sweet and tender, dripping with love.

"I love you," I answer, shaking my head in disbelief. "So bloody much."

Emma's gaze softens.

She leans up, pressing her lips gently to my own.

"I love you, too," Emma whispers, tucking herself away into my embrace.

"Killian?"

"Hm?"

"We're married."

I glance down at her beaming features in pure adoration.

"That we are, darling," I grin, holding her closer- should that be possible.

I close my eyes, simply relishing in her presence.

In my wife's presence.

No longer will I go out with my mates and brag about my girlfriend, but my lovely wife awaiting me each night to welcome me home.

"I love that sound," Emma mumbles, pressing warm, loving kisses to my chest.

"What sound, my love?"

"Your heart. Its beating. It was one of the first things I heard... and it's still what helps me sleep at night," she says softly, smiling.

I shake my head in disbelief.

How it is possible to possess such an immense amount of love for a single person, I don't understand.

My heart swells with love, affection, adoration for the woman before me.

"You changed everything for me," Emma whispers, gazing into my eyes with glistening ones of her own. "You gave me everything."

"And I'll give you all I have till the day I die," I answer in a whisper, bringing her lips to mine.

Tears of happiness mix, tears of love.

"Mommy, Daddy?" Henry's voice comes from behind our bedroom door.