Chapter 27: Surprise!

Hey!! It hasn't been a month yet and I'm updating, look at that 😂 Enjoy this chapter!

Killian's P.O.V:

When I open my eyes in the morning, it's to the feeling of Emma's warm lips peppering my face in soft, sweet kisses.

"What a way to awake," I say in a low voice, a smile overcoming my features.

"Morning," Emma says with the most beautiful grin. She crawls over me, connecting our lips, her hair falling over her shoulders.

"Hmm," I sigh, pulling her down closer to me. She giggles, pulling away softly and smiling down on me with the most genuine love I've seen.

"What?" I ask as she caresses my cheek.

"Well... it's a pretty special day," Emma smiles, biting her bottom lip.

"Is it?" I fake looking up into her eyes. Can't ruin the surprise.

"Yeah," Emma answers, her smile slightly faltering. "Don't you know what day it is?"

"Oh, it's the kids' first day back at school, of course," I answer, carrying on with the act.

At that Emma's smile disappears and is replaced by a fake one.

And I want nothing more than to just bring her lips back to mine and say happy anniversary.

But that would ruin the surprise.

"Right. Okay... uh, well I'm gonna be late for school, the kids and I are riding with Mary-Margret. Have a good day at work. I love you," she says, laying a kiss on my lips as she gets off of me and leaves the room with the fake smile plastered to her face.

It'll all be worth it in the end, Killian.

"Right, she's gone. Now get your arses over here and help me set up," I say into the phone.

Ten minutes later my parents,Will, Zelena, and Robin arrive to my aid. Sadly everyone else had to work.

Since Mary, Regina, and Ruby are all at work with Emma, my mother and Zelena are the only ones here who can actually organize everything the way I want it...

If Will breaks something I swear-

POP!

"Will! Those balloons are to be blown up and tied up, not popped! I swear, you've the brain of a bloody five-year-old," I scold, rolling my eyes.

"Oi! You 'ave your moments too, Jones. 'ave you forgotten Christmas?!"

"Shut up," I grumble, snatching the balloons out of his hands.

"Alright, all the other stuff I hid yesterday is down in the basement, Emma hates it down there. Robin, would you go grab it? Then we can move everything outside to the backyard."

"Uh, sure mate, but we may have a problem," Robin answered, peering through the window.

"What?" I ask nervously, looking out to see Mary-Margret pulling back up with Emma and the kids. Emma must've forgotten something.

"Alright, I'll distract her, you all make sure this stuff gets out to the back before she manages to make her way inside. Got it?"

"We've got it, just go distract her," Zelena says, already carrying boxes.

I nod, running out to block Emma's path.

"Hey, love, what're you doing back already?" I ask.

"Henry. I love him, but he forgot his backpack. And you're the one always going on about being prepared," Emma laughs trying to walk past me.