Chapter 6: Progression

I'M BACK BICHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean that in the most loving way I swear.

As usual guys smut is put between ~~~~~~. Skip if you want to, but that's what it means if you didn't know yet :) Enjoy 10,000 words...

AND COMMENT. COMMENT EVERY SINGLE THOUGHT THAT CROSSES YOUR MIND.

Love ya!

Emma's P.O.V:

When I open my eyes, the first thing I see is light. Bright light, and heat. Flames surround my every side. I turn in Killian's arms, shaking him, but he doesn't wake up. I try to speak to him, but my throat catches under all this stress and I can't seem to formulate any words like Killian taught me. I shake him harder, but still he doesn't wake up. When I try to get off the couch, the flames only grow, enveloping me, burning down my life in an instant.

And then I wake up, sitting up on the couch sweating, breathing in deeply. I look around- no flames. And Killian still lies beside me, perfectly safe. I sigh, rubbing my temple, completely overwhelmed. I brush my hand over Killian's cheek gently, relieved that he's okay. Needing to calm down, I go to the kitchen to get some water.
I grab a glass from the cabinet where I remember Killian keeps the cups and fill it up, gulping down the cool liquid, letting it wash away any sensation of flames left within me. I didn't even realize Killian had gotten up until I turn away from the water dispenser. He stands before me, his eyes softening at the sight of my own.

Hey. Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up I just needed to get some water.

"No worries love, I just didn't particularly enjoy the feeling of empty arms," he says with a smile. He gives me a long look before continuing.

"But there's more to this than just water, isn't there?" he asks.

No, no it's nothing, don't worry about it. It's not even 2:00 am, we should get some sleep-

"Emma, remember, together. Tell me love. What's on your mind?" he asks approaching me, placing his hands on my hips. I sigh, curling a strand of hair behind my ear.

Killian I don't want to make a big deal out of this. Really, it was just a nightmare, I'm fine.

"No, you're not. Let me help." I stare at him, astounded by his persistence in knowing what's bothering me. I raise my hands to sign but he catches them.

"Tell me." My eyes widen at the prospect of voicing the whole thing. "You can do it. I want you to tell me, Swan," Killian says.

"It was... a n-nightmare," I begin. He nods for me to continue. I swallow, following through. "I    o-opened my eyes and... there were fl-flames everywhere. I couldn't get... I couldn't get off the- the couch, you wouldn't wake up, and then t-the flames just ca-came over us. Then I... opened? Opened, my eyes and I was b-back here..." I trail off for a moment, then continue. "But I'm- I'm okay, I promise. I know I'm safe here. I know you ca... care, and I know that night-nightma...ares are j-just that- night m-mares. They aren't real... But you are... and I- I can't tell you how gl...ad I am to h-have you," I manage to say, stumbling over my words. He smiles at me letting me walk into his arms. I heave a sigh, feeling him laugh gently when I press my lips gently to the back of his neck, holding him close to me. I breathe in his sweet scent, absorbing his care and warmth.

"Would you prefer to go into the guest room for the rest of the night, love?" he asks, getting water for himself. I shake my head, setting my own glass in the sink. "Come on then," Killian says, pulling at my hand, "come back to the couch." I smile, immediately comforted simply by his presence. I follow him back to the living room, snatching a blanket from the rocking chair by the fire place, and envelop myself in the warmth of his arms. I turn my body so that I face Killian, resting my head and hand on his chest as he lies on his back, his arms around me.