Chapter 7: Checking Up

Hey everyone :) Sorry for the late update, but here it is! Enjoy, and don't forget to vote and leave comments :)

Like seriously.

Comment every single thing that goes through your mind.

I don't care how bad it is.

I wanna know.

Enjoy!

Killian's P.O.V:

After Emma and I finish what we'd started, she lies on my chest, a little smile on her lips, her breath heavy. Her golden locks spread out onto the bed, the sunlight pouring through the curtains making her practically glow.

"Shall we get dressed, Swan? Mary Margret will kill me if I keep you any longer," I say chuckling. But being my forgetful self, and with Emma getting so good at speaking, I bloody forget. Her eyes are closed.

Soon that won't be a problem, I think, remembering how happy she was I was able to fit her in with Doctor House.

"Emma, love," I say, rubbing her arm.

"Hm?" She says, looking up.

"Shall we get dressed?" I ask again.

"Do we have to?" she asks, a shy smile creeping up on her face.

"I wish not my love, but alas I don't wish for a 'death by Mary Margret'. That's a fate no one deserves," I joke. Emma laughs and buries her head in my chest, clinging to me. I chuckle, running my fingers through her hair affectionately.

I finally manage to get her up, pushing her gently to our closet before heading to the bathroom.

When I return I find Emma sitting on the floor in front of the closet, looking down at a couple boxes.

I sit beside her and she looks up at me with a weak smile.

"What's that, love?" I ask her.

"What's left of my childhood. There used to be more but this was all I could save from the fire. It's not much, it never was, but it's all I have," she says with a sad smile.

"May I have the honor?" 

She nods hesitantly, bringing the boxes to me. She pulls out a baby blanket from one of them. I smile, wondering what she would've been like as a baby. She then pushes the second box towards me, leaving me to look through it as I wish.

I open it up to find it full of pictures and old things. I pick up a pair of glasses grinning. Emma smiles nostalgically.

"You wore glasses, Swan?" I ask, cocking an eyebrow.

"Yeah, still need 'em but I just wear contacts usually. I wore those glasses from when I was fifteen all the way to twenty-two," she says, the corner of her mouth twitching up slightly.

"Let's have a look then," I say, handing them to her. She sighs reluctantly but then relents, rolling her eyes. She takes out her contacts, blinking rapidly to adjust her vision, then slips on the glasses. I smile at her and she blushes, striking a fake pose.

"You look adorable Swan," I tell her, putting an arm around her.

I poke through the box some more and pull out a photo of her and a man who I can only assume is Neal, seeing as he looks so much like Henry. I look over at Emma and see tears forming behind her eyes at the sight of the man she once loved. I put the picture back. The less pain she goes through the better.

As Emma looks through the other box, the one that contained her baby blanket, she pulls out a camera. She rises suddenly and goes to the living room, camera in hand.