Epilogue

Many many years later:
Emma's P.O.V:

"You're fine, Mum, you're fine. Right?" Molly pleads, tears in her eyes. I nod, swallowing.

"I'm fine, baby," I assure her, sitting down in my rocking chair.

"I came as fast as I could," Henry says, rushing into the room. His wife and daughter follow close behind and Hope holds his hand tightly.

"Mommy...?" Hope says sadly, her voice breaking. She seems to revert back to my little baby girl again.

"The album," I manage breathlessly. I can feel myself slipping away.

"The one of you and Dad?" Molly asks. I nod, swallowing. Henry crosses the room and grabs it off the shelf dedicated to Killian.

To my Killian. My husband, my...

He's gone.

I will be too, soon. And if there's one thing I want to see before I go, it's his face.

"Mom, are you sure...? You haven't looked at this in years. It always makes you cry..." Molly says hesitantly.

"I need it, please," I beg. Hope takes it from Molly with a look between them and places it in my lap.

I open it up to the first page, smiling through the tears that spike my eyes.

"You are so strong. All of you. You never give up on what you want. You get that from your father. Henry... kid... if I can still call you that," I say with a strained laugh. I cough, holding my chest.

"Mom," he cries, taking my hand.

"You, kid, are the first person who truly believed in me. I love you so much. I don't know where I'd be without you," I admit, tightening my grip on his hand.

"Don't talk like that, mom," Henry sobs, hugging my tightly. "I love you."

"I love you more."

"Molly," I call to her. She takes Henry's place, blinking back tears as she tries to stay calm. "My strong, fiery girl. You've got spunk, huh? I am so proud of the woman you've become. You are so beautiful. And so good."

"I love you, mom," Molly cries. "I love you so much. I am so sorry for all the stupid times I-"

"Shhh," I soothe her. "I know. I love you too. I need you to stay strong, hm? Can you do that for me?"

Molly nods, wiping her tears.

"And... Hope," I whisper, reaching out for her. She's a mess before I say anything, sobbing into my lap.

"Oh honey... I love you so much. You were such a miracle when you were born, and you continue to make miracles happen with those talents of yours. Don't you ever give up. Don't you ever stop singing, do you understand? That's how you keep me and Daddy alive," I insist, holding her close.

"Mom," she sobs, not wanting to let go.

"I love all of you so much. So... much..."

And everything goes dark.

*  *  *

My eyes open. My... eyes open?

Where am I?

I sit up, rubbing my temples in confusion. Everything is bright. Shiny almost.

I'm... in a classroom. My classroom. Only, it's empty.

I'm alone.

"Hello?" I call out. "Hello? Anyone there? What's going on?"

I stand up, looking around. My hands... my body... I'm young again.

Footsteps. I can hear footsteps.

"Hello?" I try again.

Arms wrap around me. I turn.

My heart stops.

"Killian?"

He smiles.

"It's about bloody time."

~ Happy Beginning ;) ~