Chapter 14: Break

PLEASE DON'T HATE ME I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE. COMMENT EVERYTHING.

Emma's P.O.V:

I take a deep breath, ready to figure out what's bothering Killian.

With Henry and Molly at their sleepover with Andrew, I sit comfortably on the couch, scrolling through old photos of Killian and me on my phone. We used to be so happy together, but lately, he's been so distant. He isn't the same. I smile sadly at one particular photo of us, Killian kissing my cheek sweetly. Speak of the devil...

"Emma, can we talk?" Killian asks, approaching me.

"Sure babe, what's up?" I ask as he sits down beside me on the couch. Well, he's just come to me which makes everything that much easier. I pull my legs over his lap like I always do, earning a faint smile from, him. He rubs my legs gently.

"...I've been invited to do another tour with the band... But this time it's a world tour."

"Really? Killian that's great, I know how much you love your music. When is it, a month, two? Do you wanna talk about it?"

"I'm leaving, tomorrow morning. Tour is three months long. I can finally leave Molly for that long with someone I trust, I've already said yes to the band and all the tour destinations, my manager, everything's-"

"Whoa whoa whoa, hold on back up. You're leaving tomorrow morning? For three months, and you're telling me this now?! Can we at least talk about this, three months, Killian that's a long time..." I say slowly, not wanting to seem like I don't support him.

"Aye I know, but you'll live with it. You'll be taking care of Molly and Henry, you won't even notice I'm gone. And like I said, I already said yes to everything. There's nothing to discuss. I'm going, tomorrow," Killian states, not meeting my eyes.

"Excuse me, I'll live with it? You're leaving for three months, tomorrow, and you didn't think or want to discuss this with me at all before saying yes to everything?! Killian, you can't just drop this on me like that! And what makes you think that I'm just gonna automatically take care of Molly for you?! My job in your life here is to love you and support you, not take care of your daughter while you go off on tour without even a days' notice! I can't do my part if you can't even let me know when you're gonna pick up and leave!" I say, completely shocked at him.

"Emma I don't have to run every little thing by you! Why should I! I knew you wouldn't want me to go so I didn't tell you, what's the big deal?!" Killian exclaims, seeming to have anticipated a negative answer. If he'd have just talked to me about it, not the night before, maybe I wouldn't be so against the idea!

"Because I love you! And it's not a little thing! Because whether you like it or not, and I sure hope you like it, we are a part of each other's lives! You think you can drop this on me and just expect me to be okay with it without a single moment's discussion?! And it's not just this, it's been everything lately! You don't talk to me anymore, you don't tell me about anything, and I don't get it! I love you and it's like you don't even care!" I cry, moving my legs off his lap in frustration and sitting up.

"If you loved me you'd let me do what I want with my bloody life and not hold me back! This is my choice, I don't have to bloody ask you for permission!" Killian shouts.

"Oh so now we're questioning my love for you, are you kidding me right now?! You know how hard it is for me to open up to someone and I did that with you! I've shown you so many times how much I love you, and you're questioning it?!" I shout back.

"I don't know, maybe!"

"Do you even love me anymore?" angry tears piling behind my eyes.

"Yes... no, I don't bloody know..." he sighs, his head in his hands.