:Chapter 20:

:Dalton:

It has been two days since the hybrids have attacked Isabella's place. Now today it was Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving was extremely special to my pack. We descended from Indians after all so it's celebrated like that but it's not three days long though. 'I wish it was sometimes though.' My parents usually threw a family gathering for it and we were setting up decorations.

I was hanging up little turkey's that Alex had drawn. Rory and Rodney were home for the Holidays and after that would leave and come back for Christmas. Mom was thankful we had such a big place. We had an eleven bedroom house. One room was a guest room for a guest like my grandparents or people like that. Currently Derik was residing in it until Red Claws left and he felt comfortable to go back. Or he found his mate and decided to go back there with him or her.

Noah seemed bored as he set the table with plates. Max followed behind him with goldware in his hands. Werewolves and silverware was not a good combination. It burned our hands slowly and formed blisters and then it got worse and worse the longer you held them. So my Mom had bought goldware. Most werewolves simply used plastic for their food. Except knifes. Knifes aren't made of silver so we don't have to worry about that.

"Stupid gathering." Noah muttered brushing aside his black hair. Noah was the darkest black next to Andrew and I. Then came Max, Alex, Rodney, and Rory. Rory and Rodney were a light but dark gray showing that they both had Whitewolf and Blackwolf. Nico was the most Whitewolf of the family almost solid white except for a single hair of black. Nico was the fastest of us, always outran all of us when we competed in races. But when it came to strength he wasn't the strongest but he could always dodge the attacks with his speed.

So we simply went at it until the other one got exhausted. But back onto subject. Mom was in the kitchen slaving away at the stove making her favorite dishes. Isaac was in his crib until it was dinner time taking his annual nap. He took naps in the afternoon and evening. It was around three o clock, we ate Thanksgiving early. I haven't eaten at all today so I was going to be eating a lot. 'Don't forget you have to eat for me too. Or you will regret it.' 'I won't forget to eat extra for you.' Werewolves eat a lot because they are feeding two people. Themselves and their wolves. Your wolf gets extremely angry when not feed properly. 'I am not as bad as some wolves.'

That was true. Some wolves ate so much people looked at them as if they were strange and wondering why they weren't fat. I tied the strings from the turkeys and got off the latter. I smiled at decorations. Finally got it done. I turned my head and winced. I touched where the bite mark was. There was a gauze over it soaking up anything it leaked out. The pack doctor said he found some poison but my body was pushing it out. Which I was grateful for, I saw what it had done to Isabella and she went stir-crazy. I usually have to run and I don't know what would happen if I was paralyzed. 'I'd go crazy and annoy you till you were pulling your out your hair.' 'Thanks for the reassurance.' 'Anytime.'

Max put down the fork and knife then walked away. "And the table has been set." Max said walking away with a smile to the kitchen to tell Mom. Noah walked to the living room where Rory and Rodney are. Rory was writing in a notebook. Rory had found his mate at college. A werewolf who belonged to Moonlight Paths, a small werewolf pack from Connecticut. Rory had his hands full with her, she was I believed either bi and preferred girls or a was a lesbian. Rory said she was very kind and talked to him, so that was good.

Rodney hadn't found his mate but was eager to find him or her. He wasn't disappointed to have not found her. He believed he would meet her when the time was right and at the right place and time. Which apparently wasn't now. Max came out looking disappointed. I wasn't surprised at that Mom was mean when it came to cooking on Thanksgiving.