:Chapter 38:

:Dalton:

I sat silently while taking a sip of water. "You fought a Redwolf?" Kadan asked as he stared. "Yeah it had a way more intense fur then you." I told Kadan. "So a purebred Redwolf?" Kadan asked. I nodded. "Isabella made a deal with one of them." I told Cameron. 'A stupid deal that could get her killed.'

"What'd she offer?" Kadan asked raising an eyebrow. "One of the Redwolf's there has a human mate. She has stage two lung cancer. Isabella offered to see if one of her brother's could turn her." I told him. "Wow. That seems like a lousy mate." Kadan stated. 'Now that is mean.' I agreed with him there. "She's nice. Listens to him and he wraps her in a bubble of love. He fought his own pack member to keep her safe." I told him standing up for Audrey.

Kadan nodded. "So then what are they gonna do about an Alpha now?" Kadan asked tilting his head. "The Redwolf with the human mate has Alpha blood. He said he'd take on the Alpha position." I told Kadan. 'He'd be a very young Alpha.' Most Alphas waited a couple years. I planned on waiting longer and my Father wouldn't mind. My parents encouraged for us to have a life before we took on our positions.

I wonder if Isabella would take on the Luna position. She might be the first human Luna. 'What about Audrey?' 'Well then Isabella would be the second human Luna. But I think Akira plans on making her a Lycan.' I saw his point there. "Are you watching the ball drop on T.V. or going to New York City?" Kadan asked.

New York City wasn't too far from here, about an hour and half to two hours. Last year we vacationed there at the Library Hotel. That was when the Shtriga was terrorizing us. No one found out what happened to the Shtriga it just disappeared, Isabella said we wouldn't have to worry about it anymore.

"I don't know. I believe we are watching it on T.V. but I'd have to ask my parents. When we aren't in NYC they usually throw a small party for the new year." I stated as I looked my best friend. We have been threw thick and think and have never betrayed each other. One of my friends Ryan had betrayed me, he turned out to be Kayla's mate and was working for Vee under the promise of becoming a hybrid.

'Disgraceful. That is no true werewolf.' Agreed there. "Well I hope we don't go. I am in the mood for a nice party." Kadan said offering me a lopsided grin. There was one thing that almost everyone knew about Kadan and that was that he loved to party. I once went to a party with him but Ash took over and I got second watch to it. Alana was happened to be there, that was when Alana and Kadan first found out they were mates and Kadan just randomly marked Alana on their first meeting.

It was common to do that with Alpha's and Beta, I didn't do it with Isabella because of her being human and now because she could kick my ass if she pleased. 'That is true.' "So how is Alana?" I asked. Alana was Kadan's mate and pregnant with his little puppy. "She's good. A little drugged up since she can't shift." Kadan said.

When she-wolves were pregnant they tend to be drugged to prevent shifts. When they couldn't do that they would stay in wolf form and then birth at the end. Only a few shifts can be performed so it would be performed to go into human when they went into labor. Right then my Father walked in. "We are going to have the party and then a shift. If you want to invite someone feel free." My Father said before walking out. 'I wanna shift! I wanna run and hunt and track! Best way to start off a new year!'

"Looks like we are doing a shift." Kadan said with a grin. "How long do you think it will take for everyone to get here?" Kadan asked as we sat on the leather sofa. "I don't know but I am gonna invited Isabella and them over." I said. Kadan nodded as I got out my iPhone 6.
****************
"This is the love of my life and my New Years resolution is to graduate and start a life with our new baby girl!" Kadan exclaimed as he hugged Alana. "It's a girl." Alana said with a grin as she touched the bump on her stomach. The pack cheered and then Kadan raised his red grape cocktail and then took a sip. Alana raised her non-alcoholic version and everyone toasted to it.

It was eight o'clock and we were outside at the pack grounds. There was a total of almost whooping seventy or sixty. Not all were werewolves, there were a some coven members of the Big Cat coven for Orchid and then the hunters. They were equipped with weapons incase of any attacks were done. Kadan and Alana got off the makeshift stage holding their wine glasses. 'I wonder if we should toast.'

Isabella was next to me holding her alcoholic Pina Colada, there wasn't much alcohol in it because for she wouldn't accidently get drunk. 'She is very strange when she is drunk.' Isabella had been drunk at a club we went to for werewolves. She pretended to be a vampire to get it. The drinking age for werewolves was seventeen to eighteen. We couldn't get drunk it was just law.

I honestly don't know if hunters do something like that. "I want to toast to something." Isabella said poking me in the side with her pistol. It's safety was on so there was no chance of her accidently shooting me. "Then go do it." I told her silently hoping it would to date me. Surprisingly she went up. Isabella then shot at the sky and then everyone jumped. "I want to make a toast to not getting my ass handed for 2017 and my home boy Brendon Urie." Isabella said pointing the screen where Panic! At The Disco was singing Victorious.

Isabella smiled before taking a drink. People clapped when I clapped and Isabella smiled before putting the safety back on her gun. She then walked off stage. Lucas and her began to start conversation before she punched him in the shoulder. The two laughed before she went over to me. 'She is so adorable when violent!'

"So I here there is gonna be some big shift." Isabella said as she stared at me. Victorious was playing so people were dancing. "Yeah. But there will still be people here so you humans won't be alone." I told her with a smile. "When do you shift?" Isabella asked staring at me. "At midnight after the ball drops." I told her. "Well we got along way to go." Isabella said with a grin. That was true.
*****************
"Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one! Happy New years!" Everyone yelled startling Isabella. People began to kiss and I leaned towards Isabella who gave me her hand. 'But I wanted the lips. Or even the cheeks.'

Howls rang out from our pack and clothes were strewn everywhere as people began to shift. "Go ahead." Isabella said patting my back. I nodded before I took off my shirt then went my pants and boxer briefs. I dropped to the ground as I let the shift takeover. Ash went silent as he waited to be able to run. Soon my eyesight adjusted to blue, red, green, and yellow and fur covered my body.

I shook myself and I looked around where wolves littered the yard. My Dad let out a long howl and more followed and I joined in. My Dad took off towards the woods. Ryne and Enyr were in Lycan form. I sniffed the air and caught the scent of a lone doe. I looked at Isabella who nodded and then I took off. My New Years Resolution was to be the official boyfriend of Isabella Knight.

1345! HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!! Who saw the ball drop, I did. Now I am waiting for the Pelican to drop. But what is your New Years Resolution, mine is to be more hygienic and to lose at least ten to twenty pounds. Until next time New Years Marshmallow! #NewYearsMarshmallows.

 Until next time New Years Marshmallow! #NewYearsMarshmallows