:Chapter 23:

:Isabella:

Once again I was at a crime scene in the woods with the HO. "Any time of death?" I asked looking at the mauled body. The smaller boy named Arthur looked closer. "Maybe a few days ago. Looks like it was mauled by some sort of animal." Arthur said as he snapped a picture. "Or a werewolf." I muttered looking at the tore up body. It seemed to be a woman with dyed brown hair. 'It isn't a rogue kill. Rogues try not to kill messily and leave the bodies unless trying to send a message.'

Great more messages via bodies. What is it with the supernatural world and that. Sometimes I feel left out not being a supernatural but not anymore. I dictate the supernatural world keeping the rogues, forsaken, and the bad species in line. Two burly HO men came in and picked up the body and dropped it in a body bag. "Do some tests to see if you can find any canine DNA. I believe I have a theory." I told them. They both nodded before walking.

Two years ago they would of laughed at me and told me to go take my business else where. But I have gained my respect in the hunter world. I have respect in the supernatural world in certain packs. One of them happen to be Black Crescent Moon. Maybe I should inform Dalton about a possible werewolf kill. His pack would probably like to know about that. Time to get to explaining.

Pulling out my iPhone I turned it on before dialing Dalton's number and began calling him. My iPhone rang before he finally picked.

"Hello Isabella." Dull much? "Hi Dalton yeah I have to tell ya something that you won't like." "Are you rejecting me?" "What? No! We found a body that was mauled to death and I believe it is a werewolf attack." I heard a sigh of relief from the iPhone. Why would I reject him? "Oh. Good. I mean not good but uh. What do you need?" "I wanted to tell you in case it was Red Claws striking for your pack to be prepared." "Oh. Well if you want to come over to my place and discuss it you can. It's a Saturday and I am bored out of my mind." 'You should go and bond with your future boyfriend.' I ignored Satan. "Yeah I'll be there in maybe ten to twenty minutes." "Ok. Nice talking see you at my house. Bye."

Then Dalton hung up on me. "Didn't even let me say goodbye." I muttered stuffing my iPhone in my pocket. There was snow on the ground and I bet Hades, Aries, and Gracie were having fun in it. I had brought over a sweater for Aries since he got cold easy. I missed my little pit but him and Caesar clashed a lot so Dalton decided to take him since Aries had grown up around Hades. But that didn't mean they didn't have a little scuffle here and there. Despite Aries having lots of muscle Hades was always the dominant one. Aries didn't mind Gracie since she was a girl.

Arthur was still snapping pictures of the crime scene. "I am gonna head back to a friends. You all know my number so just give me a call if you find anything out." I told them awkwardly. The Hunter's Organization had always left me tongue tied on what to tell them. They always stared at you funny when you left. Shaking my head I made a quick escape to my Mustang. I tended to drive that in the winter instead of my Harley.

I hurried to my Mustang and revved the engine and turned on the heater. "That feels much better than the cold air." I muttered to no one in particular. Right then a misty form appeared in the passenger seat before forming into Satan. He wasn't actually there but a replication of himself to be near me. He could try to attack me and it wouldn't work. Satan was trapped in hell and vessels were the only way out of hell. Possessing them. Satan once in awhile possessed me but he mostly appeared near me.

He wasn't as bad as everyone made him out to be. Satan was once human too, Lucifer turned him into a demon when he fell. Wars were raged against heaven and all sorts of other things. I didn't like learning about it. I usually got bored and dosed off to sleep later. "So to Dalton's house we go." Satan said with a smirk before kicking up his feet on my dashboard.

Satan decided to dress fancier then he usually did. His brown hair was slicked back with gel and his eyes were a dull blue instead of the usual bright blue. He wore a grey suit jacket with a grey dress shirt underneath it. Matching the top half he wore grey dress pants and black dress shoes. "After I accompany you to Dalton's I have a speech to give. More of a threat though to demons. More applied to the hounds of hell since they seem to be the famous here with the hybrids." Satan said dully.

"Has Pexhar found anything out?" I asked remembering the ancient hellhound. "Still looking. Just remember the hound of hell you are looking for might not exist. It could be a combination of hounds of hell." Satan told me as I took a right turn onto Dalton's rode. "Be careful. I don't need to find out you are in a fully body cast." Satan said with a smirk as his eyes finally lit up as I pulled my black Mustang into the large gravel driveway.

The driveway had no snow on it probably from the Ashfords shoveling it off hence the shovel near the large garage. With a little wave Satan disappeared with a little puff of smoke making me cough a little. "Damn demons and their disappearing acts." I muttered as I stopped the car and got out. 'You are just jealous. Now I am going to a meeting don't contact me unless a dire emergency.' I rolled my eyes as Satan's presence dissolved.

Adjusting my denim jacket and buttoning it up with more protection from the cold. My newest paycheck I had ordered two pairs of Harley Quinn gloves. One being a motorcycle pair from Suicide Squad and the other being from Hot Topic. With being more warm I walked up to the large oak door and knocked on the door. I could hear hushed voices before the door was opened revealing Nico. "Hi Isabella." Nico said as he pulled me into a hug. I smiled while awkwardly patting his back.

Nico ushered me in and shut the door. "Well Dalton is taking a shower. He had taken a run before you had called him and was all sweaty." Nico said as he led me to the leather sofa. "Where is Angel?" I asked looking around for the ex-rogue that usually doesn't stray far from Nico. "At the grocery store with my Mom. Angel had decided she wanted to go to be able to pick some food to eat." Nico said with a grin.

"So how is your tea set going?" Nico asked smiling. Ah, it felt so nice to have a normal conversation with one of my friends. He may be Dalton's brother but he was cool and so was Dalton's identical twin Andrew. Andrew was the omega of the pair and had experienced bullying through it. I put an end to it. Andrew was one of my good friends. "Good. How are you doing with Trace's friend?" I asked a slight smirk on his face.

In ceramics Nico had been paired up with one of Trace's friends. Trace was the son of a warrior and had a big personality that tended to get him in lots of trouble. I couldn't stand that dude he was just plain up rude. I once set him on fire. "I am going to put him in the oven instead of the clay if he complains about one more girl not dating him." Nico said lowly. I laughed at Nico, oh he got so flustered sometimes and it was so funny. Right at that moment Dalton walked out his hair damp from the shower. "Hi Isabella." Dalton said with a smile as he held a towel while drying off his hair.

I looked at Nico before sending a smile towards Dalton. "Wanna talk in the kitchen. My Mom made some cookies." Dalton said pointing towards the kitchen. "What are you guys gonna talk about?" Nico asked with a devilish look. "A body was found." I said flatly. Nico's look dismissed at that. "Oh. Can I talk about it too. Being a detective sounds like fun now." Nico said with a grin. I looked at Dalton and he nodded. "Yeah sure. I even have a few pictures if your stomach can handle it." I said pulling out my iPhone and dangling it in front of Nico. Nico nodded before jumping off the couch and into the kitchen.

"Lets go before Nico decides to try to open it as a case and solve it himself." Dalton said with a hint of a smile building on his face. Dalton then surged forward after his younger brother. Dalton's birthday is coming up I believe probably should get him something. With that last thought I followed after the two male werewolves.

1580. So a longer than usual chapter. Ha. So I have decided on how I will update. Whenever I feel like it. If I feel like doing quick one chapter updates then I will. If I take about a week to update expect up to two-four chapters. So I hope you guys are enjoying the book so far. I was reading Satan's Wrath last night and it ignited this chapter and I got right to it. I love this series. It was a big milestone in my writing career. It was my first non fanfic book to write. The book that helped me decide on what my real career will be. The inspiration for other books. Thank you for reading this chapter. Until next time intrigued marshmallows!.