Chapter 26

Murphy headed to the storage center, he picked up some stuff and took the time to lock Clarke's desk. Last thing he needed was these guys with her address or a picture of Charlotte.

He sat taking care of some accounts that needed updates when the door opened.

"Murphy" the voice greeted.

"Emerson, Dax" He greeted back looking up from the screen.

"We need two units, and you to open the back door, no questions asked." Emerson replied.

"Yeah, easy enough, here's the key's, I'll bill you" He stated handing them two sets of keys.

"Where's your helper?" Dax asked.

"She had vacation time" he replied pushing past them to the back. They followed him to the units, he had them test the keys, then he opened the back up for them.

"Tell your driver he can back right in, I'll be up front if you need anything, I live by the words, the less I know the better, whatever it is just better not attract unwanted attention" Murphy stated headed to the front office.

"Nope, we fly low, avoid the radar, thanks" Emerson stated as Dax dialed the driver. Once they were done they exited through the front.

"We locked the back door up, thanks" Emerson said heading for the door.

"When does Clarke work? I was hoping to see her, She's fun to play with." Dax asked.

"She works when I schedule her and that won't be tolerated here, you will find a new place to store your shit if you start trouble." Murphy said standing.

"She's not worth the risk or losing a storage place" Emerson spoke loudly looking at Dax. Dax stood toe to toe with Murphy.

"Dax, is that clear?" Emerson asked, his voice filling the small room.

"Yes" Dax replied turning to face him and heading out the door.

"Sorry about that, I'll keep him in control" Emerson stated, before exiting.

"Try a shorter leash" Murphy replied taking his seat back behind the desk.

...

Clarkes phone buzzed with a shopping list.

"Oh, he must be making lasagna" Clarke said as she read the ingredients.

"Buy extra, if it's lasagna, Lincoln and I are coming" Octavia smiled.

"Me too" Wells laughed.

"Not so much you two, this will be our first dinner with Charlotte knowing we are together, how about we all do dinner tomorrow at my house?" Clarke replied.

"I say yes to dinner, But I'll host, invite the gang" Octavia said grabbing a piece of paper, and pulling the pen from behind her ear.

"Sounds good" Clarke replied.

"I'll be there" Wells added from his seat by the window.

"I say lets just do homemade spaghetti, I'll throw sausage and homemade sauce in the Crock pot before I come here" Octavia suggested.

"Yeah perfect, I'll grab stuff for a salad"

"I'll bring garlic bread" Wells offered receiving a smile from the girls.

"So there it is, dinner. That was easy" Clarke laughed.

...

Bellamy finished grading before looking up at Charlotte.