Ch. 21: All Over Again

*Hope you guys can keep up with the events! Elvis unexpectedly reunites with a certain person from the past, and Priscilla moves to Memphis!
*Elizabeth is mentioned in this chapter

On January 4th, 1963, Madison planned a baby shower for me. The baby was due in two week, and I still haven't had a baby shower! Many of my close friends were invited, including Elizabeth, Annette Funicello, Evelyn, and Katherine. My godmother, Rita Hayworth, was invited as well. I decided to invite Priscilla, since it's been 3 years that we had seen each other since Germany.

This baby shower I knew I was having another son! Everyone brought their presents nicely wrapped. Priscilla brought six presents, which she needed help from Judy Spreckels and Dee to carry. Priscilla met William, and she was smitten with him. She also met Michael, Nat, and Susan, who got along with her well. After eating and opening presents, and having long conversations, the baby shower ended. Priscilla, Judy, and Dee stayed to catch up with my family and I. They stayed until 9 p.m before Vernon picked them up.

I celebrated my 21st birthday relaxing in bed. William and James brought me breakfast in bed, which came with my birthday cake! It was nice spending my birthday with my husband and son. Elvis called, and we wished each other a Happy Birthday. He was wondering if I was going to have the baby on our birthday, but I told him most likely not! Priscilla wished me a Happy Birthday, and wished that she would be able to visit me right after i delivered the baby. She was heading back to Germany.

On January 14th, 1963, Joshua Thomas Prescott was born at 6:53 a.m. William officially had a younger brother! He was 7 pounds and 2 ounces, and a healthy baby with light brown hair. He was a little bundle of perfection, and reminded me when I first held William in my arms. James couldn't wait for William and our dogs to meet the new addition of our family. After six days of his birth, we were cleared to take him home. We gave the press about six minutes of our time showing off Joshua, then headed home. We spent the whole week with our families, who bonded with our new one. Close family friend Fred Astaire visited and congratulated James and I.

Elvis and Vernon came to visit on January 29th. They were in California for shooting Elvis' latest movie, Fun in Acapulco. I decided to film their visit, especially because I found it heartmelting when Elvis held Joshua and played with William. Elvis was certainly a natural when it came to taking care of children.

Elvis visited quite often while he was shooting in Hollywood. He practically visited everyday and interacted with Joshua and William, and told me how shooting his movie was. He didn't like his wardrobe, especially a short-sleeved shirt. But overall, he enjoyed filming.

[March]
Priscilla and her father flew out to Los Angeles to discuss the possibility of Priscilla finishing her Senior year near Elvis. Elvis, Vernon, Priscilla, and Paul Beaulieu all had a meeting at my house because it was secluded from the public and they trusted me. They came to an agreement that she would attend at Memphis' Immaculate High school while living with Vernon and Dee. Elvis asked me to keep Priscilla occupied while they discussed the deal. I let her hold Joshua, and he melted her heart.

Priscilla: "He's so cute! What is his name?"

Me: "Joshua Thomas Prescott."

Priscilla: "I love the name. It reminds me when I first held my younger siblings.. One day I'll be at this moment holding a little one of my own."

Me: "I'm sure you'll be a great mother. Eventually, perhaps you and Elvis will get married, settle down, and have little ones when the time is right."

She smiled and kept craddling Joshua. Priscilla planned to write and call me whenever she felt lonely and needed someone to talk to. We became close again, and we had something in common. We were just two girls who were about the same age and could relate to each other. We had younger siblings that we took care of when we were in our early teens, our father's passed away when we were babies, and we had stepfathers. I had an older stepbrother and Elvis as my older brother figures in my life, but I always wanted a sister close to my age.

[May]
James and i threw a party for William's 2nd birthday. I honestly couldn't believe that he was already two! William had a huge interest in football, music, and horses, that we combined all of those interests at his birthday party. Out of all of the thingsat his party, he really enjoyed making his face all messy with cake! Priscilla thought it was adorable, and so did Elvis. I took a lot of pictures and video during this birthday celebration.

Priscilla graduated from Memphis' Immaculate High School and she was excited that she was finally done with her studies. That mean spending more time with Elvis and some time for extra activites such as modeling and dancing. She asked me for tips on how to improve in both of those areas, and I tried my best to help her.

[June]
Elvis unexpectedly reunited with June.. June Juanico that is. That unexpected meet happened at a local Memphis theatre, which June called and told me what happened. Even after Elvis and June ended their relationship six years ago, I still kept in touch with her.

Me: "How was the movies? Did you have a good time?"

June: "I ran into someone in the theater..Someone that meant the world to me."

Me: "Did you run into Elvis? Don't tell me you actually ran into him!"

June: "Yes, I saw Elvis and this young, gracious, girl with him. I went down the row behind him and simply tapped him on the shoulder and he turned around and our eyes just met. Those big, dreamy, eyes. Those eyes were the last thing I saw of Elvis when we broke up, and they were sure sad. Anyways, Elvis got a hold of my hand, and put it in a death grip. He was holding me, and it seemed like he didn't wanna let me go. I'm surprised that the girl next to him kept her eyes glued to the movie screen."

Me: "That young gracious girl is Priscilla. Did you wait after the movie was finished to talk to him?"

June: "No, I quickly left the theater. I thought it would of been rude if Elvis were to talk to his ex-girlfriend in front of his new one. Besides, I don't know what I could of said to him."

[July]

William, the boys, and I spent our Fourth of July at Graceland with Elvis, his group of friends, family, and Priscilla. Priscilla was kind enough to stay inside with the boys and I as we watched the fireworks from inside. William chatted with Elvis and his friends, and planned to take part in the fireworks fight. It was a fun night! Elvis asked if I would be the dance choreographer for his next film, Viva Las Vegas, and I accepted the job but only on one condition. William and Joshua had to be allowed on set. It had been a while since I worked on a project, and now I was ready to get back in gear and start working hard.