Ch. 39: Surprises

*Introducing Matteo, James' younger half-brother, who resembles James.*

*Lilllian celebrates her 10-year wedding anniversary with James in New York*

[short chapter] 

January was filled with birthdays, school, and concerts. Joshua, Rita, and I celebrated our birthdays in Memphis. Priscilla threw a small party at Graceland for us, and it was very sweet of her to do so. The children and I left Memphis on January 15th, a day earlier as it was planned. William, Joshua, and Rita went back to school, and I stayed at home with the twins for a couple of days. On January 26th, I attended Elvis' invitation-only opening-night performance. 

Elvis told me this performance was going to be somehow different. I didn't understand what he meant. 

Elvis: "Lilly, this performance is going to be like nothing I've ever done." 

Me: "And how is it going to be like nothing you've ever done before? You've done so many things in your life, Elvis. You've done your hip gyrations on television in 1956, you've worn many memorable clothings or costumes, and your signature hairstyle. What's next?" 

Elvis: "That's for me to know and you to find out missy. You'll see tonight." 

Me: "I hope you don't show up on stage dressing up as a girl or something like that.." 

I found out that Elvis was wearing some sort of jumpsuit for the very first time. It was white, and it was definitely something different. Elvis was able to perform his karate techniques, which surely impressed the audience. Everyone loved it, including me! I attended the concert with Priscilla, and she introduced me to Tom Jones. 

I heard a lot about Tom from Elvis, Priscilla, and the news. There were several occasions where we almost met, but I would always leave a couple minutes before he would reach backstage or wherever I was. 

Throughout February and April, I spent most of my time in Los Angeles to film my latest movie, Beyond the Valley of the Dolls. I got the main part as Kelly Mac Namara, who is on the search to find her estranged aunt. I had so much fun filming the film! I bonded with all the castmates, which were mostly women. 

Valentine's day was such a fun day for me. The children made Valentine's cards for me, and they each gave me a rose. James and I had a romantic dinner with many candles lit up. There were so many candles and roses in the house, it was unbelievable! Elvis also sent fresh flowers to the house with a note. 

Me: Thank you children for these nice gifts. I love them all. I baked heart-shaped cookies for everyone! Happy Valentine's Day." 

Children: "Happy Valentine's Day, mama." 

Me: "James, you're always pulling off perfect surprises. Thank you for the romantic dinner, love." 

James: "Love you, honey." 

On May 14th, Elvis gave me a call to discuss a plan he wanted me to help him with. 

Elvis: "Hi-ya Lilly, it's Elvis." 

Me: "Really? I thought it was Ricky Nelson or Mick Jagger." 

Elvis: "Haha! Well it ain't true. Anyways, I was wonderin' if you can help me plan somethin'." 

Me: "Elvis, I always help you. What planning do you need help with?" 

Elvis: "I wanna plan a surprise birthday party for Cilla. Problem is, I'm too busy with the shows right now. Can you please help me plan?" 

Me: "I don't know Elvis, I'm really busy right now." 

Elvis: "Pretty please with a cherry on the top?" 

His voice when he said that made it unacceptable to not help Elvis at the moment. 

Me: "Well, alright. I'll help you plan some stuff for the surprise party. Decor, food, all the of that." 

Elvis: "Thanks Lilly, I owe ya bigtime. Love ya!" 

Planning a surprise party with Elvis was going to be difficult. Elvis couldn't keep a secret, unless it was a very personal secret he was told. He would take that secret to the grave. But, I knew he would tell everyone he knew about the surprise party for Cilla. 

On May 24th, Priscilla's surprise birthday occured. Sadly, I wasn't there to witness Priscilla's reaction to her surprise party. Rita had a dance recital, and I wouldn't miss it for the world. However, Priscilla did recieve word that I helped Elvis plan her surprise party, and she sent a telegram thanking me. 

In July, James and I decided to celebrate our 10th Wedding Anniversary in New York. It was a week filled with romance, and it made me fall in love with James all over again. We were riding trains, sight-seeing, and having romantic meals together. He surprised me with a diamond necklace, which was so extravegent, elegant, and beautiful. I had a little surprise up my sleeve for James... 

On the second to last day in New York, I secretly invited James' younger brother, Mateo, to have lunch with us. I decided to invited Henry, James' older brother. Mateo was the youngest of three, and he was distant from older brothers, Henry and James. The last time James saw Mateo in person was back in 1961, after William was born. They talked once in a while, but it was rare because Mateo now lived in France. I thought it was time for them to reunite. 

When James' saw his brothers at the restaurant we were having lunch at, he was excited to see them... especially Mateo. 

James: "Henry! Mateo! What are you guys doing here?" 

Mateo: "Your kind wife decided to invite us to have a reunion type of lunch. It's good to see you, brothers." 

James and Henry: "Likewise, little brother."

The brothers had a catch-up conversation, revealing pictures of their children and all. Henry and Mateo had two sons, while James and I had our three handsome sons and two beautiful daughters. Careers were deeply talked about, and the brothers enjoyed teasing James about my close friendship with Elvis. 

It was nice to bring The Prescott Brothers back together, and I was glad they enjoyed it. 

**Hope you guys enjoyed this short and sweet chapter! Drama will be heading your way, readers!**

Follow, Vote, Comment!