Ch. 30: Mr. & Mrs. Presley

[Short chapter]

Elvis is finally getting married!

It was April 30th and no one could sleep. Elvis was sitting and talking to his entourage and James, while Priscilla was having those wedding nerves keeping her awake. As for me, I was craving so much food for some reason. Elvis and James were amazed on how much food I ate, but it was mostly fruits or some Italian food. Elvis came up to my room to check on how I was doing.

Elvis: "Hey darling, how you doin' ?"

Me: "I'm ok, the baby is doing fine."

Elvis: "Priscilla said you guys talked this afternoon and possibly think you're pregnant with twins?"

Me: "Well, this is the largest I've ever been. When I was pregnant with my three children, I was very small. Priscilla says I must be pregnant with twins because her mother was that size when she was pregnant with her twin brothers."

Elvis: "My Daddy would know... Mama knew when she was havin' twins, and so did he."

Me: "I can ask your father in two days or so. Promise me that you'll go to sleep as soon as you leave this room?"

Elvis: "I ain't gonna promise you that, but I'll try to get some sleep."

[May 1st, 1967]

James, the children, and I woke up at 6 in the morning to get ourselves ready to head to Vegas for Elvis' big day. I felt like flying back to California and rest at home. But, I promised Elvis that I would be there at his wedding.

Our jet arrived in Las Vegas at 7:30, and we immediately headed to the Aladdin Hotel. By 8:30, Elvis, Priscilla, familiy, and friends arrived at the Hotel and started getting ready. James and I got the children and ourselves ready, then I went to help Priscilla get ready for her big day.

As soon as I arrived at Priscilla's hotel room, I could tell she was jittery, but tried not to show how nervous she actually was. Her mother made Cilla's emotional state worse, but Priscilla's sister Michelle kept quiet. Priscilla put on her gown which looked lovely on her. I helped Priscilla tease and hairspray her hair, while she mostly did her make-up. After the transformation was complete, Priscilla looked as beautiful as ever. Her mother, her sister, and I took a minute to just stare at her beauty. Her dress, hair, and make-up was perfect. Adding the veil brought her mother to tears.

Ann: "Priscilla, you look gorgeous! I can't believe my oldest daughter is getting married Look, I'm already crying."

Priscilla: "Mother, don't cry! You're going to make me cry and ruin my perfectly done make-up that Lilly helped me with."

Me: "There will be plenty of sweet moments to cry at the wedding ceremony... Cilla, you look like a beautiful princess with the dress, veil, and make-up."

Priscilla: "Thank you Lilly.. for everything. "

We hugged, and we both started tearing up! That's when we both knew that today was going to be an emotional, fantastic, day. Then, I decided to check on Elvis in his hotel room with all of his entourage and his father. I was surprised that no one was guarding his room, so I had to knock. I began to laugh when Joe tried to disguise his voice as an old lady.

Me: "Joe, please let me in."

Joe: "Who's Joe? I'm Joanne. No one here is named Joe!"

I heard the rest of the guys laugh, including Elvis.

Me: "Joe, it's Lillian."

Joe immediately opened the door and welcomed me in. All Elvis' entourage looked sophisticated with their tuxs that it looked unbelievable! Then, I saw Elvis. He really looked handsome in his tux and hair fixed, and I could tell that he was nervous as much as Priscilla. He smiled and welcomed me in.

Me: "Well, well, well.. Isn't the groom looking looking handsome as ever?"

Elvis: "Gee Lilly, thanks. You look beautiful as always. You look the cutest when you're pregnant."

Me: "That means I've been my cutest 3 times! So, are you ready to get married?"

Elvis: "I guess... I'm a nervous wreck right now. How does she look?"

Me: "Beautiful as always... Mama would of loved to be here. I know she would of cried when you and Priscilla said your "I Do's"."

Elvis: "I wish she was here too... But I have you, and you're the closest person that resembles my mama. I don't know what I would do if I didn't meet you back in '55."

I smiled. He kissed me on the cheeck and I left the room. I realized it was now 9:20; 10 minutes before the ceremony started. James and I got the children and headed to the hotel suite of hotel owner Milton Prell, which was where the ceremony was taking place.

When the ceremony started, I couldn't keep my eyes off of Elvis and Priscilla. You could tell on their faces that they were happy this day had come. Elvis and Priscilla did their vows.. but I began to tear up! After they said their "I Do's", the kiss was the cherry on top to make me start crying.tears of happiness. Thank goodness James brought tissues, because I couldn't imagine what I would of looked like after!

Elvis and Priscilla were officially a married couple.