Ch. 43: Suspicion

*Molly, Jacob, and Madison are mentioned in this chapter.*

*I apologize for such a long delay for this chapter! School and Dance has kept me occupied.*

I began filming my latest film,The Big Doll House. I was excited for this film, because it was different and Molly was one of my co-stars. It had been a couple of years since I had seen her, so it was nice to have her on set. Our children often visited the set, and our set of twins enjoy playing with each other. The fun fact was, we both had fraternal boy and girl twins. We enjoyed watching our twins bond during filming, and we got to chat for a bit.

Molly: "It's so nice that we get to bring our children on set. Especially when our twins can be occupied!"

Me: "Ah, yes. It's great, isn't it? They've grown so fast. It's unbelievable."

Molly: "I agree. Your oldest is turning ten this month! Do you think you'll have more children since Will is entering the double digits?"

Me: "Haha, I'm able to have another child if I wanted to. But, James and I have decided that five children is enough. What about you and Jacob?"

Molly: "We want one more.. We're just waiting for something to happen. But, labor and giving birth is painful!"

We both nodded our heads and agreed to the statement. All of my deliveries were easy and not so painful.. except for my twins. Natural birth with twins is painful, and Molly and I experienced it. 

I recieved a phone call from Priscilla, telling me that her phone call was urgent. I suddenly became really worried, when the situation wasn't as serious as I thought. Elvis recently installed a bunch of cameras all around the rooms at Graceland, and Priscilla didn't like the idea.

Priscilla: "Lilly, I don't really like the idea one bit. It's like everyone is being watched by Elvis, as if he's suspicious about something going on..."

Me: "Talk to him, I wouldn't like cameras all over my house! Hasn't he kept an eye on Jerry Schilling since you mentioned to Elvis during a heated argument that Jerry cared about your feelings. He also wants to see what the Mafia does around the house when he's upstairs.

Priscilla: "I already talk to him, and he's being as stubborn as a bull. The mafia and almost everyone around him are always saying yes to him."

Me: "Except for me... Look, just talk to him."

Priscilla was hoping that I could help her out with her situation, but I was dealing with more complex things in my career and family. Especially the children.

The twins were working on being potty trained and had daily lessons of reading, writing, coloring, and anything else preparing them for school. Samantha began dance classes, and her and Rita attend the same dance studio. William was on the football league at his school, while Joshua was in the little league. I observed that Joshua had an interest in acting, so that excited me a little. Sean watched his older brothers play football most of the time.

I wrapped up filming for the movie around early-April. April was the month where my family and I planned an egg hunt for our children. During a family meeting with my husband, Jack, Madison, and my parents, Elvis called me wondering what I was doing for Easter.

Elvis: "Lilly, what are you doing for Easter?"

Me: "My whole family and I were just having a meeting on planning an Easter Party and Egg hunt. Why?"

Elvis: "Well.. Priscilla, Joe, and I are planning an Easter Egg Hunt for our kids. We wanted to invite you and your family to the Easter Egg Hunt in L.A. Are you able to come?"

Me: "If it's on Easter day, then I will not be able to attend."

Elvis: "We're gonna have the hunt on April 10th. You gotta come!"

Me: "Alright, we will come. But Jack and Madison will have to come. As well as their twins."

Elvis: "That's fine. It might come in handy cause I've been tryna make Cilla take karate lessons. Maybe you could persuade her or somethin'."

I laughed at his comment or favor he was asking me. I would never take part in forcing Priscilla into an activity or sport she didn't want to do. But, I knew Elvis wanted to prepare Priscilla for though situations. If anything were to happen to Priscilla, she would be able to protect herself.

[EASTER]

Easter came along and the children were excited. Rita and Samantha wore matching purple dresses with their high, white knee socks. Samantha's hair was tied in pigtails with white bows, while I curled Rita's hair. My three sons wore matching outfits, except their vests were each a different shade of blue. Easter was one of those days that I felt that the children's outfits should be matching.

My family and I arrived at Elvis' house for the Easter celebration. Priscilla and Joe Esposito's wife, Joan, decorated the place really well. The children loved everything, and they couldn't wait to search for eggs. Except for William and Joshua. This year, the boys were eager to get free candy. So much can change over the years with your children! 

We ate a nice lunch together before the egg hunt started. Elvis, Joe, my husband, and Jack sat together on one side of the table and talked about their typical man topics. Their careers, hobbies, guns, football, and what not. The women sat on the other side of the table talking about their children, clothes, and mostly gossiping about things.

The phone rang, and Elvis went to answer it. At the same time, I went to take Samantha to the bathroom. We passed Elvis on the way, and he seemed very tensed and secretive about the phone call. When we did pass him, he thought it was Priscilla and Lisa and he nearly jumped. I heard him whisper, "Honey, you have to call me later. My wife and other people are here, and I don't want anyone to answer the phone if it's you. I will call ya later love." I became highly suspicious.. 

The Easter Egg hunt finally started, and the children ran with their basket in hand. Some adults took part in the hunt as well! Elvis and Joe searched the yard for eggs for their children, while Priscilla and Joan took pictures of the hunt. I decided to pretend to search for eggs, but I really wanted to talk to Elvis to see if he would spill who he was talking to. 

Me: "Elvis, who were you talking to on the phone?" 

Elvis: "Oh, no one important. It was just Judy Spreckels." 

Me: "I don't remember you calling Judy love... or honey. It would be rare occasions when you called her Honey. Don't lie to me Elvis," 

Elvis: "Keep it down! Good god, what the hell are you doin'? Tryna get me in trouble?" 

Me: "If I wanted you busted, I would of told Priscilla and everyone at the party. You know what, I'm tired trying to figure out which slut you plan to shack up with on the road. I hope at the end, you're making  the right decision, because Priscilla will walk out on you any day now.."

Elvis: "Stay outta it, Lilly. It's best if you do so. And Cilla would never."

Elvis looked shocked when I said that. Priscilla was the teenager he kind of raised to be his ideal woman. He told her what to look like, what to do, and what not to do. If she walked out of his life with their daughter, he would be heartbroken. He needed to learn that a married man only belonged to one woman: his wife. 

I walked away from him looking distraught. I just wanted to slap him so hard that it would put him in his place! It seemed like Elvis needed more than one woman in his life to make him enjoy life. I couldn't understand his logic or idea of it, but it made me angry. 

Who was this woman Elvis was talking to? I was desperate to find out for some odd reason, and I had a notion to do so. 

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter! :) Do you think Elvis' affair will last long? And do you think Lillian will find out his current mistress?