Ch. 23: The Love Triangle

*Elvis and Ann continue their relationship, while Priscilla is very suspicious of it. She even flies to L.A! Lillian watches as the drama intensifies between Elvis and his two ladies!

While Elvis was busy filming his latest film, Kissin' Cousins, Priscilla and I were having long conversations on the phone. She feared that she would lose Elvis to Ann. I promised her that the chances of that happening were slim, especially since I was there.

Me: "Priscilla, if you're wondering if the rumors are true.. why don't you fly yourself to L.A and see Elvis yourself? Surprise him maybe? Gosh, that sounds really evil."

Priscilla: "No, not that... If more rumors keep getting reported in the newspapers, then I will!"

Suggesting that idea wasn't really the best idea. I couldn't be mean to anyone, especially to Elvis! I was still upset though. I called him, and hinted him that Priscilla would be coming to L.A if he wasn't going to stop the relationship with Ann.

Me: "Elvis, an unexpected visitor is coming your way if the rumors of your relationship with Ann don't stop!"

Elvis: "Who?"

Me: "That's for me to know, and you to find out if you decide to keep dating Ann."

I hung up the phone and had an evil smirk in my face. James noticed it, and knew I was plotting something with Elvis, and he just laughed.

In November, Priscilla decided to take my suggestion and flew to L.A. The public was still gossiping over the rumors of the relationship with Elvis and Ann. I thought everything was going to end, but it wasn't until November 8 when Ann is quoted being "in love" with Elvis and possibly getting married. After being advised to avoid the controversy, Priscilla flew back to Memphis. When she arrived, she immediately called me to tell me what happened during her visit to L.A.

Priscilla: "I knew something was going on between Elvis and that Ann-Margret! Ugh! The press quoted her saying that her and Elvis are "in love" and are talking about getting married. Does she know what the hell she' talking about? I told Elvis that she needs to keep her ass in Sweden where she belongs. I threw a vase.. It wasn't my nature, but I was upset!"

Me: "Did Elvis tell you that the rumors were all lies?"

Priscilla: "Yes, but I don't know what to believe. I dyed my hair blonde to try and look like that woman that he's crazy about."

When she mentioned that, I just hated hearing it. Here was a beautiful, young, woman, who was doing something to try and please her man by trying to resemble the other woman he was crazy about. All of the sudden, I felt sad.

On November 22, a horrific and tragic event happened. An event I will never forget. President John F. Kennedy was assassinated, and it was on everyone's television. I was shocked, and so was James. My mother called me, and she was in tears! I couldn't comfort her enough.. I called Elvis, and he was just as shocked as I was. I heard a faint cry, which I identified as a lady. I recognized that voice, and it was Ann.

Me: "Elvis, is Ann with you right now? I thought this was already taken care of..."

I hung up. I was filled with so many emotions at that point. I just reminded myself that it wasn't my fault that Elvis got himself in this situation, but I knew I had to somehow help him.

Finally, after urging him to come clean on December 23rd, Elvis finally admitted to Priscilla about the affair with Ann. Elvis and I reconciled our very close friendship, and Christmas was fantastic in Memphis. Although Priscilla was glad that Elvis admitted his wrong doings, she didn't fully trust him still.