Prologue

July, 2016

Standing in front of wall length mirror adorned in royal blue traditional lehnga which had the finest and most beautiful form of embroidery on it along with stones embedded on the entire dress and the dupatta covering her head, she was looking nothing less than a royal princess, if this had been a mughal era. Her hands were though cold but were looking extremely beautiful with the dark color of henna and the diamond set she was adoring was a cherry on top, the makeup on her eyes were done in a way that their dark brown color were more apparent than the normal day.

She had a soft smile on her pink lips, the day was finally here, today she was getting engaged to the son of the most powerful man if not in the country then definitely the entire province but she was nothing less either, being the youngest daughter of the CEO of Shah group is in itself a big thing, today again after a whole month she was the main topic of the media, all the eyes were set on today's event, no one wants to miss the great engagement ceremony of Daniyah Shah, daughter of Mohuiddin Shah, and Emaad Kirmani, the only son of Faisal Kirmani and the next CEO of Kirmani Industries. Two big names were merging into one; it was nothing new in the business and political society of Pakistan however for Daniyah it was different.

A month ago when the proposal came she was beyond shocked, never in her life she thought she would get the proposal of her best friend's brother, but secretly she was ecstatic, if the brother of your best friend is 6'2, with an angular face, black hair and pair of very intimidating dark eyes along with it is a graduate from one of the best universities of the world and already setting successful examples, wouldn't you consider yourself lucky? He was what every girl dreams of and every parents wish for, so the next thing which happened was the announcement of their engagement and here she was all ready for the day.

Shaking her head she walked away from the mirror to sit on her king size bed. Fifteen minutes ago when she got free from the photography session her cousins escorted her back to her bedroom and now she was alone. Picking her cell phone she unlocked to find a message from the man himself.

Emaad: Can't wait to see you in my favorite color! The day is here :D

Daniyah: Make sure you look as good as me! we don't want you to loose now, do we? :P

The reply came back instantly, making her smile wide, he was always the quick one to reply and that warmed her heart. In the years she had known him he had been nothing but a gentleman, taking his duties seriously and caring for the people he love and always made sure that he is there for her. She was getting the man she loved; at least that's what she thought.

Emaad: I am at your doorstep with the doli, let's elope?

Daniyah: Let's elope a year later, on the day of our wedding? XD

Emaad: Joy killer! :/

Daniyah: I am just trying to save you from the entire Shah and Kirmani clan but if that's what you want...

Emaad: Hahaha, right! We don't wanna mess with these people now definitely! See you in 10! ;)

She was about to reply when the door of her room opened and entered the loud group of her friends which included her best friend and soon-to-be sister-in-law, Janaan, she was also dressed in one of the most beautiful designer dress which was bought alongside hers, getting inside Janaan rushed towards Daniyah and took her into a tight hug, kissing the side of her cheeks.

"I am so excited!" she beamed and then took a step back to look at Daniyah, "Oh my!" she gasped, "Dani you look extremely gorgeous! Bhai is so gone tonight!" She smirked and Daniyah looked away hiding the blush which had crept on her cheeks.

The next half an hour went by pretty quickly with her cousins and friends gushing about her dress, her beauty and then reporting her about all what was happening outside, so when she was called outside a new wave of excitement rushed through her body, standing up along with other girls she picked up the flow of her dress while her cousin Umaima set her dupatta again and with the group she walked out of the room, some were helping her walk in the heavy dress while others were talking around leading the way. A loud call of Masha Allah was heard as she made the appearance where her in-laws along with Emaad were seated, her eyes were cast downwards but at that moment she looked up for few seconds to see her man and found him smiling at her but there was something missing in that smile, they weren't reaching his eyes, the eyes which were deprived of any emotion, but Daniyah didn't want to think that way so returning the smile she made her way towards the centre where Emaad was sitting and took a place beside him.

Her heart was beating faster than usual, she was excited, ecstatic and though there was a nagging feeling which she was continuously ignoring, she was smiling widely, looking at everyone complementing the couple, her heart was swelling with pride and her excitement took a whole new level when Emaad slipped her engagement ring on the ring finger, the silver ring which had a round diamond in the centre while the twisted design of the band was embedded with small diamonds, it was beautiful and sign of the bond she is now going to share with the man beside her, her eyes filled with tears on the thought of her future life and silently she uttered the words of gratitude, the cheering from her relatives brought her back to reality so taking the extended hand of her fiancé she stood up to receive the compliments.

Little did she know the ring on her finger which became the source of temporary happiness will also become the source of long time imprisonment.

----------
A.O.A

How are you guy?

Finally here I am again! SCARRED IS OUT! I hope you guys enjoy this book. Can't wait to hear from you all!

Vote and Comment and let me know of your thoughts.

Till the next time...

TC,

Zehra :)