Chapter 30

Guys it's not actually edited so if you find any mistake please point that out!

~~~~~

"If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever."

-Winnie the Pooh.

Her nose was burning and there were tears gathered on the brim of her eyes, yet she took a deep breath as placed another morsel of pani puri in her mouth. Mohib and Daniyah on the other hand were unaffected by her ‘competitive side’ whereas their class of 75 students were busy boosting her inflaming ego.

Numbness and darkness, the two feelings she was scared of were consuming her yet she didn't want to come out of it. Whispers were reaching her ears yet she wanted to ignore them.

Her notes clutched between her fingers the girl with a petite figure was pacing in the corridor, the side effects of exams were clear on her face, the bag around her eyes and her once tamed hair an unruly mess.

‘Can you stop giving me panic attacks! I still have last chapter to complete.’ Her best friend groaned while flipping through the pages.

‘Panic attacks? Do you even know  what they are!’ the girl stopped and growled while her best friend rolled her eyes, ‘Daniyah I should have been awake at 3:30 but no! I had to snooze my alarm! I am effing failing this damn paper!’

‘Do you realize how over dramatic you sound right now? Where people are actually left with chapters you are going nuts because you couldn't revise, for what? Maybe a thousandth time?’ the remark from her best friend made her huffed in annoyance as she started pacing again.

“When will she wake up doctor,” it was her mother, a voice which was always firm seemed broken.

Oh mama!

“We can't say anything right now! She is in state of shock but she can hear us, so, we have to be the one bringing her back!” the female voice of the doctor reached her ears too, but how could she tell them that she wanted to stay, stay in the darkness where she can meet the one who promised to never leave.

Her head was bent and her eyes were glued to the little ultrasound picture. Daniyah was noticing her every passing second but when  the confusion which was etched on her face didn't pass after a while Daniyah moved forward and placed her hand on Janaan's shoulder.

‘I should have perused medicine. How the hell do they recognize a baby here?’ a low chuckle erupted from Daniyah's lips and shaking her head she pointed at the right point and within seconds Janaan was cooing while talking to the baby and Daniyah couldn't help but smile and enjoy the little moment aunt-to-be and baby were having.

The pulse which were normal up till now started rising and the machines around her started making furious noise.

Janaan was talking to her about the baby...

“Call Dr. Mominah and her team, we might have to carry out an abortion!” A doctor yelled and sobs erupted from the corner of the room.

‘For the baby, Daniyah, just for the baby’ she has said.

And this time she couldn't hear any thing else.