Chapter 34

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly."

- Morticia Addams.

Rooted to her place her eyes were fixed on the device which had just hit her foot, the physical pain had no comparison with what her soul was going through. Today her existence was ripped apart with utmost brutality but what was more painful was the realization that she knew it was coming, her ignorance didn't bring her any bliss just pain, though late but sheer pain.

"Baji!" It was the loud call from her maid which broke the hurtful memories of the past presenting her the shredded reality

"Hmm." A whisper escaped her lips as she picked the phone checked it for any damage and then quietly placed it on the dressing table. Replying to the question the maid have asked with an absent mind she sent her away and walked slowly towards the ensuite bathroom.

Her every step was heavier than the last. Her every breath making her gasps for another. Stumbling, she finally reached the door; Daniyah supported herself with the door frame. She could feel darkness replacing her sight and she started taking deep breaths. Panic was rising in her chest and like past she wanted to control herself. Wiping the hot tears burning her cheeks she stumbled into the washroom, ignoring her reflection she stripped of her clothes and went into the bathtub. Her body submerged into the warm scented water as her mind replayed all the bitter memories.

***

He was flipping files which were scattered on the tables, he had to make an urgent call and his phone was nowhere in sight. Swearing he called his peon and asked for another file which resulted into a wrong outburst. His head was throbbing with severe headache. Though he might have won but he still had too much on his plate. Every other day either a political issue would strike him or a problem in the office would rise. There were still some loyalist of his father in the company which were working as insiders. He knew it but he couldn't change much for the sake of maintaining a strong image.

In agitation Emaad pushed all the files away swearing loudly, the day was going to be painful and he knew it. He was still looking at the mess when the landline on his desk rang, his anger just rose because he clearly gave order to his secretary not to forward him any calls but that idiot girl messes up his work every time.

"Kiran main nai kia bakwas ki thi--" (Kiran, what did I say to you--)

"It's not Kiran, it's Mishaal!" Words were spat from the other side more furiously then he had and his eyes subconsciously went to the door, bending he pressed a button attached to his desk to lock the door and sat on his chair.

"I am sorry I am so tied up in this mess--"

"Cut the crap Emaad, where is your phone?" He knew her anger wasn't going anywhere any time soon so he took deep breaths before continuing

"I don't know I probably have forgotten it in the car I am trying to find it here," he again shifted a file though he had tried to search it already.

"No darling, your phone is at your home and your sweetheart of a wife picked it up when I called--"

"What?" His voice boomed throughout the room.

"Don't you dare yell at me or blame me for this! She didn't even a speak a word till the last and it's not my fault." With that said the line was cut and he, who had stood up in panic fell back on his seat.

Things were already going south and he knew it was just the beginning.

***

Her skin was burning raw when she stepped out of the bathroom, a towel covering her hair she was dressed in a plain grey shirt and trouser. Her mind was making plans, plans of escaping, plans of starting all over again, plans of fighting another fight. Her set determination was covering her features, she stood in front of her dressing table removing the towel she let her chocolaty brown hair fall over her petite shoulders, she mechanically picked up her moisturizer, turn by turn she prepared herself. She was ready to show that she hasn't lost and after she was satisfied with herself she walked towards the side of her bed and rang the bell to call her maids