Chapter 26

"It never hurts to keep looking for sunshine." 

-Eeyore

Failure was always the last thing on Faisal Kirmani's mind, he was the man with power, he gets what he wants and he does what he set his mind on. To many, he was known as the ruthless man who would have his own ways no matter what, charming, smart, clever, and many other similar words were linked with him in his social circle. Even in his early fifties, the man had his name but as they say, all that glitters is not gold; Faisal Kirmani was definitely the glitter, not the gold itself. Behind the door of his house, everyone would fear him no matter what, he would decide the next breath of many, but well, he wasn't the only one like this. There were many names like this all over the country and when people like these were challenged they were known to break every barrier.

Janaan Kirmani, a petite girl with fairly beautiful skin and charm, for which she was known for, was the one this time challenging Faisal Kirmani, his own daughter was right in front of him. Like a man he was, women were the last thing on his list to fear and even respect, he was never really fond of his daughter but because she carried the name she was granted all that his son was but till she was in front of his eyes and now when with two outsiders she was bound to break all his barriers set for her, Faisal Kirmani felt that he was failing. She was another key to many of the treasures which were still locked sinking in some unknown ocean and all of a sudden he was losing it and in this situation, all he was able to do was give his rage a way.

He could feel his heart drumming crazily in his chest, his temple was throbbing as his eyes followed the two men leaving the guest living room, how dare they not only warn and threaten him in front of his family and that too in his own house, how dare a scum like Misbah showed affection to Janaan in front of him, how dare they?

"You bitch," with his body trembling with rage he pushed pass Emaad and lunged towards Janaan who was still standing on his opposite side. All of their breath got caught in their chest but as a mother, Talat Kirmani was the first one to react, she ran to her daughter's safety and in a matter of seconds a thunderous voice of Faisal Kirmani's palm hitting Talat Kirmani's cheek shocked the others standing there. Daniyah gasped as Emaad rushed towards the rest of his family.

"Mama!" Janaan cried as she wrapped her arms around her mother.

"Dad please calm down!" Emaad tried to get his father away from the other two women but Faisal Kirmani wasn't that easy to get away from.

"Get away from her! It's all because of you; she had been whoring around the city! Like mother like daughter," he kept spitting his words as he tried to get to Janaan and Talat Kirmani kept shielding her daughter.

"I am not whoring around I have done nikkah with Misbah and it's all because of you—"

"I will teach you a lesson for that," this time he got a grip on her but before he could pour down his rage again, Talat Kirmani pulled her away.

"Enough," her firm yet pained voice was clear for everyone to hear, "I won't let you treat my daughter the way you have treated me all my life."

"Shut up and get out of my way woman—"

"Or what huh? Or what? You are going to hit me, well, it isn't new Faisal!" Daniyah saw herself in her mother-in-law and her whole being shivered, she looked from Janaan to Emaad both standing on each side of their parents and in a matter of an hour she was able to understand each and everything about the sibling's personality, their content self in front front of others yet their disheveled self behind the closed doors.

"Get away before I say the words which will snatch away everything you have," Faisal Kirmani took a threatening step ahead and Daniyah took a step away to get away from the craziness she was witnessing for the first time and it was nothing less than a nightmare.