Chapter 31

Well Hello! Yes! I am alive :')

....

"Everything's a choice. Nobody's born good. Nobody's born evil. It's always a choice."

-Tom Hiddleston

You know what hurts the most when a tragedy happens ? No, it's not the tragedy, its the people and their words after the tragedy that makes it hard to live, to let the day pass and for the night to begin, they make it hard to even breathe and in that exact moment reality hit us. That how selfish everyone is around us, how hearts have turned into stones, how other's life is just a source of entertainment for us. We can't blame anyone because as the social animals, we are no different.

Her bedroom was being showered with bright sunlight, sitting on the edge of her bed by the bedside table her eyes were on the floor, her mind was webbed with memories and her face on the contrary  was completely  blank. She was in a land far away than any human's reach. Her tears might have stopped, she might has started sitting among others, taking a diet as prescribed by the doctor, participating in the shopping her mother was doing for the her child, but she was in a void all along, a void so deep that even after trying she couldn't come out of it. The only thing which was keeping her alive all this time, was a new mother which was nurturing in her. She almost lost her baby once she couldn't let it happen again. She couldn't let her cruel fate win again.

"Daniyah baji," her revere broke as a warm hand shook her shoulder lightly and she looked at the young girl. "Emaad bhai is here to pick you." She nodded her head and the girl left.

After ten days he was here to get her, yet she wasn't ready to face anything. The day she was discharged and was taken back to the Shah mansion was the last time she saw him. Her mother who was upset by her condition persuaded Emaad and his mother to let Daniyah go with them and the fifteen days she spent in her maiden home were passed in a blur, they were invaded by bittersweet memories, by heartache and pain of separation, and through it all she was trying to come out alive.

Taking a deep breath Daniyah stood up from her  bed as another maid entered with a knock, she looked at the woman picking her bags and leaving the room. Pulling her hair up in a bun Daniyah entered the en-suite bathroom, her steps were small and light against the floor as she reached the sink, she tried to bring back life on her face for the flashing cameras which have been swarming around all of them from past a week. Wiping the cold water droplets she moisturized her face next and then picked up her lip balm and applied it on her chapped lips. Keeping the products aside she looked herself for the first time in ten days.

In the pale reflection of herself she tried to find something remotely close to what she once was but all her eyes found was someone who has been daunted by fate a bit too many times.

"Daniyah?" her mother's voice reached her and she found herself shaking  her head, as finding herself in the chaos was something stupid, something she wasn't supposed to do. Uttering a reply she glanced at her reflection for the last time and left the bathroom. She found her mother packing her hand bag and she quietly neared her.

In last few days, her mother was the only person in front of whom she could confide her deepest fears without even saying a word, there were nights when her mother would hold her in her embrace and all night long Daniyah would let her tears soak in her mother's chest then there were days in which she would silently sit in her room while her mother would softly recite Quran by her side.