Chapter 14

"I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind."

-Kahlil Gibran

Her eyes fluttered as the alarm for fajar went off, rubbing her eyes she turned on her back and stretching her hands towards the bedside table, she picked her phone to end the tune. Lying on the bed for couple of minutes she kept her eyes closed, last night she tried to fell asleep before Emaad could get to bed and she succeeded, she had no idea how to make things better or will they ever be better or not. She was agitated by the outburst they both had last night, she wanted to make things work, she didn't want to let the worries she had before the wedding consume her now, being herself she wanted to give Emaad a benefit of doubt. Sighing she pushed the warmth of comforter away from her body and got out of bed, standing up she looked at Emaad who was lying on his stomach with one hand covering his face while the other beside his body. Pushing the burden of her thoughts away she got up to get to the washroom.

Standing in front of the sink she lifted the tap and pushed her hands forward as she rubbed them while waiting for the water temperature to set and then she started her ablution. The only thing she noticed which had given her peace in past one year was namaz, that was the only way she would force all her efforts on shutting her brain and focusing on Allah, first few months were the hardest, she would get distracted as soon as she would raise her hands and by the time she would end her prayers she wouldn't even remember which surah she recited in the first rakat and then guilt would flush her heart, she was determined on gaining His support and so she did. She was in search of a soothing touch, her heart was yearning for eternal love and there is no love more promising than His and like every other, a struggle and a war is done to gain this form of purity, the purity of love, Daniyah was at war with herself.

Carefully wrapping the shawl around her she stood in the direction of Qibla and raisaing her hand she recited Takbhir.

***

The silence between them was almost deafening and Nausheen bibi was curiously looking at the couple while making their breakfast, Emaad was on his phone while Daniyah was staring right ahead. Arranging Emaad's oatmeal bowl and black coffee and bran bread slice along with scramble egg for Daniyah with orange juice she took the tray for them and placed their food in front of them. She could easily notice the tension and shaking her head she turned back towards the kitchen but instead of going she turned towards Emaad.

"Saab jee, bibi jee hay bahot peyari! Allah has surely blessed you with such a heera," she adoringly said as she patted Daniyah's head, despite the cold winter Daniyah could feel heat rising in her neck and her cheeks turned slightly crimson as she pushed a smile on her face.

Emaad silently looked at the face of the older woman and then the woman sitting adjacent to him, he found his lips curling up in a faint smile as he muttered, "Beshak." He saw Daniyah's eyes went wide but she quickly composed herself as the older woman chuckled and then left them alone satisfied of her work.

After both of them were done with their breakfast Emaad saw Daniyah getting up and walking towards the living room. He didn't know what took over him but he found himself following her.

"Daniyah," He was standing few feet away from and her hand stilled which was busy opening the curtains covering the sliding door.