Chapter 11

"It's your gift, to see the beauty and the horror in ordinary things. It doesn't make you crazy, just different."

-Cassandra Clare

The sun was shining with all its might and the light blue color sky was hosting scattered clouds, the cool wind of the morning was filling up the room making the curtain dance, her eyes were fluttering and ever so gradually the heavy eyelids disclosed the dark brown color of her eyes, with a drowsy sight her eyes first saw the couch which were the first sign of her presence in a foreign abode. The event from the day before played like a film in front of her open eyes and she turned on her back, turning her neck she looked at the presence beside her, he was still in his cotton Kurta and Shalwar, his back was rising and dropping with every breath he took, his face was hidden with his arm and even after the long hours of the darkness Daniyah couldn't help but notice a faint yet pungent smell of smoke.

She turned her neck and fixed her eyes on the white ceiling, she was confused of why instead of being raged on being left alone last night her heart was numb to any emotion, maybe it was exhaustion or maybe it was her racing mind but with no emotion surfacing her heart she pushed herself up to sit, taking her silky, dark brown hair among her fingers she tied them in a bun. Pushing the soft comforter away from her body she placed her feet on floor and bit her lips as the cold surface kissed her warm skin. Getting up on her feat she groaned as the exhaustion of the previous day still hasn't left her completely, with slow steps instead of going towards the en suite bathroom she made her way towards the large window which was left open from last night, supporting herself with the wall she looked at the backyard of Kirmani Mansion, even in the dry weather, the lawn was beautifully kept. Shades of fall were lingering the place and with the combination of golden and green the entire place was washed with glory of the nature.

An hour later as she walked out of the bathroom Emaad was still sleeping, silently making her way towards the dressing table she pressed her lips tightly as she felt the coldness seeping into her, rubbing her hands she turned towards the window to close it, returning back in front of the mirror she quickly applied the moisturizer on her dry skin and smoothly messaged it to bring back color on her face. As she thought about the day ahead, she felt her heart leaping on the thought of meeting her parents, her father mainly, of going back her home. In just the span of few hours she was missing every wall and person of her home.

"You are up early!" Daniyah jumped on her place at sudden disruption; she turned to face Emaad who was now sitting with his back resting on the headboard while he was rubbing his eyes. Taking a deep breath to calm her erratic heartbeat, she shook her head; his hoarse voice not only brought out her of her daze but scared her.

Emaad was now looking at her as she looked up again to meet his eyes and now all of a sudden Daniyah wanted to demand answers for last night, with emotionless eyes yet a faint hint of smile she saw him looking at her and under his strong gaze she felt nervousness crawling into her skin.

"I have become used to of waking up early," she heard herself whisper and giving up on all the questions forming in her brain she turned towards the walk-in closet.

Picking up one of the heaviest dress which was specially designed for her first day as a married woman, Daniyah ran her hand on the heavy embroidery. Where her heart was now continuously taunting her for all the dreams she once dreamt, for all the hopes she built and for all what she imagined for her life, she was shuddering on how numbly her brain was acting.

Changing into the elegantly embroidered dress, she wore the matching jewelry set, her fingers hurrying as she wanted to leave room while the water was still running in the washroom telling Emaad was busy in there, she didn't want to make him confront and shatter herself from something she might have expected.