Chapter 17

"These pains you feel are messengers. Listen to them." 

-Rumi    

Come home early tonight.

He exhaled the smoke of the cigarettes he had been smoking from last few hours, with his one hand holding cigarette and another in the pocket of his pants he was standing in front of the long windows of his office, looking at the sky where the crimson shade was merging with the hues of blue.

"Sir," he turned his head slightly motioning his assistant to continue.

"Mr. Kirmani is on the phone." Her nervousness made him nod his head, turning he motioned her to leave him alone and walking towards his desk he picked the call.

"Dad," his rough voice echoed across his room.

"You are still there."

"I am leaving in few minutes," he replied in clipped tone as he pressed the cigarette on the ash tray.

"Listen boy—"

"Your order was crystal clear to me in the morning don't bother repeating it." Without waiting for his father's remark he ended the call. Picking his coat and other belongings he made his way outside the room.

Pressing the button for the lift he took a step back, impatiently tapping his foot he was thinking of all the words he was going to say to Mishaal before leaving her tonight.

He was 24 when they met outside a bar, she was trying to win a bet and he was busy listening to his mother's call. Bet backfired on Mishaal and instead of passing by her Emaad stopped to her rescue but the girl with red haired  and stormy hazel eyes definitely did wonders to his heart, her fierce passion of winning life made him the man who loss his heart.

The first time he felt he deceived her was when he met Daniyah at his own home when he was leaving for dinners with his friends, it was a year after he met Mishaal, a year had passed of him knowing her and her becoming a major part of his life but the moment Emaad saw Daniyah standing under the shimmering light of the crystal chandelier he knew she was someone who could make his knees weak , her light brown hair and her rosy skin could make any man come to his knees, her bright light brown eyes and her heart shaped face would make anyone admit that she was exceptionally beautiful. But it was surely just a mere attraction which faded the minute he returned back to states.

Now, years later every passing minute for him was bringing the severe turmoil he was in that night, the difference was even after wanting to control his raging heart he couldn't, the girl who once created a storm in his heart had become a part of his life and the woman he lost his heart to was on the other side.

Sighing he massaged the bridge of his nose and got inside his car and ignited the engine, surely it was going to be a long night.

***

The sizzling and the rich aroma welcomed him as he entered the apartment and he could already decipher the argument which was waiting for him, his heavy steps were carrying the burden his father has thrust on him. Dropping his laptop bag by the door he slowly made his way inside and stopped as Mishaal emerged from the kitchen, dressed in one of his shirts and skinny jeans with her hair up in a bun she was hosting a welcoming smile.

"You are still late," she teasingly complained as she made her way towards him and stopped close enough that sweet and citrus smell of her fragrance enveloped his senses as she ran her hand across the soft texture of his shirt. Getting on her toes she softly pressed her lips to his dry ones.