Chapter 28 Part II

A VERY HAPPY EID TO ALL! <3

~~~

"It's the circle of life, and it moves us all through despair and hope, through faith and love. Till we find our place on the path unwinding."

-The Lion King

The soft melody of an old song was filling his car and his fingers were drumming the steering as he turned the car towards the secluded area of the city where all the luxurious apartments and mansions were built. Emaad pressed his foot forcefully on the accelerator as the car got the grip and glided forward, though he was tired after a busy day of work, a two hours flight and then another few hours handling tasks at their Lahore branch yet he drove on his own. It was one of his safety precautions, not many people knew about his visits to the apartment and that was the reason it was bought on Mishaal's name and she was presented as Jalal's cousin.

The car was soon passing the security check of the apartment and then drove towards the basement where the spacious parking lot was made, for anyone who was set to inquire about him in the apartment would find another apartment bought at Daniyah's name few months ago and even the security marked his name under the same apartment as the basement allocation was done between the owners of the luxurious apartments above. Turning off the engine he picked his coat and got out of the car, walking towards the back seat he took out his hand carry and then strode towards the lift, all the while he was humming the same song he listened all his way back.

A small smile soon covered his lips as the lift stopped and the doors slid apart, he was finally at a place where he will find peace, a peace which he was robbed from since past one month, with a promise to make up for past days and loss connection he walked towards one of the two apartment on the block, the anticipation in him grew as the door unlocked and he entered in a dimly lit apartment filled with eerie silence. His eyebrows plunged into a frown as he closed the door behind him and locked it, dropping his bag near the door he took further steps when he was sure that the apartment was empty yet he called Mishaal's named out loud to only hear it echo back.

Emaad walked towards their bedroom and then Zaviyar's nursery, both the rooms holding the coldness of their absences. He could feel his stomach twisting as he took out his phone but on remembering that it died an hour ago he quickly rushed towards the cordless phone and picking the receiver he dialed Mishaal's number, the phone was turned off, the number which was reachable till today morning was now dead. Muttering curses under his breath for not knowing about her friend living in the city he started pacing in the small living room like a caged lion.

Rubbing his hand on his face a numerous times he tried to keep his anxiety at bay till the door bell rang, his step were hurried and his foot got hit by all the furniture in between. Whirlwind of emotions rose in him as he unlocked the door.

His eyes went wide but soon he composed himself and looked at the woman he didn't expect. Dressed in long floral cotton gown, with upper body covered with a cotton duapatta, a woman with a moderate height in comparison to Pakistani women and milky skin wrinkled with her grown age, stood in front of him, her face devoid with any emotion as she pushed her hand forward holding an envelope between her fingers, her nails freshly manicured but the age was present on her wrinkled fingers as well.

"The girl left this for you." Her voice was soft and delicate, Emaad knew she was one of those who despite all the curtness would be found talking politely, and he nodded at the mother of a retired Brigadier and took the envelope. She turned swiftly and walked towards her apartment where her assistant was standing waiting for her and as the opposite door closed, Emaad looked at the envelope with escalating heartbeat and closed the door.