Chapter 12

"And we will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruit, but give good tidings to the patient." 

(Quran 2:155)

Suitcases and hand carries were all around their spacious bedroom, dressed in a sweatshirt and jeans Daniyah was walking around the room zipping, filling and arranging one bag and another. While Janaan on the other hand was running last of the errands for Daniyah with only handful of hours left for the flight; Daniyah was packing all her belongings which would be needed by her in Lahore. 

Spending last ten days being busy with family gatherings, lunch and dinner invites she didn't get a spare minute to pack for their belongings and now at the last moment her every second was havoc. Unlike her, Emaad's bag were all packed and piled in the corner of the room while he was out with his father. 

She sighed as she pushed the stubborn strand of hair behind her ear, pulling the drawer she took out some important documents she was taking with her when her eyes fell on the small cellular device given to her by Janaan, picking the device she turned it around and observed it, placing the papers aside she turned it on and after few seconds of wait the device in her hand was ready to function, going through multiple applications she finally searched the contact, this was the only app which had some information already fed, she saw numbers of her home, her parents, siblings, Sabih, Mohib and lastly Janaan, she frowned when she didn't saw Emaad's number in the list but before she could ponder over the thought her bedroom door creaked open and she heard Emaad's voice. Hurriedly switching off the phone and hiding it between the papers she came in front of him.

"Hey!" he smiled as his eyes met her and smiling herself with a paced up heart, she replied to his greeting. "How much packing is still left?" He asked looking at the suitcases.

"I am just ending with this," she replied looking around.

"Good! I'll freshen up and then we'll go out for coffee." He smiled and smiling herself Daniyah nodded as Emaad made his way towards the en suite bathroom, as soon as Daniyah heard the click of the door she carefully made her way towards the bag which was carrying her personal belongings and she was sure Emaad would not open it, she was feeling guilty on hiding something this little from him and that too during the starting days of their relationship but she knew she couldn't tell him either. Shaking her head she bit her lower lip as she carefully placed the device beneath her nightgowns and other personal belongings and then quickly zipped the bag, she was feeling like any minute someone would confront her for hiding something.

***

They were sitting across each other and Daniyah was tracing her fingers on the rim of her coffee cup, while her eyes were cast downwards looking at light brown and creamy texture but she was in a land far away. There was a peaceful silence between the couple both they both were drowned in their thoughts.

"When will we come back to Karachi?" she asked in a soft whisper, after whole day of packing the realization of leaving home was getting to her heart.

"Whenever you want," he smiled as he pushed his hand forwards and delicately she placed hers in his, closing his finger around her soft hand he caressed the smooth skin with his thumb.

There moment of harmony was short lived as his phone started vibrating; turning his neck he looked at the screen which was illuminating an all too familiar number, his eyes went wide and she noticed the sudden change in his demeanor.

"Is everything okay?" she craned her neck and looked at his face. Emaad quickly shook his head and replaced his frown with a smile.

"I really have to take this call. I will be right back!" He quickly said as he pushed his seat and got up and before Daniyah could speak the next word he walked to the opposite side.

Daniyah observed tense muscles of his back, though he was many feet away but she knew that the person he was talking to was causing distress line on her husband's face and the way he was frantically moving his hands then running him through his hair was the clear indication that the call wasn't a usual one. With furrowed eyebrows she kept her eyes on him but quickly looked away when he ended the call and turned towards her.

"Are you okay?" Daniyah asked once Emaad sat back, he was more tensed than before and now, even on the coldest day of the  winter he had small sweat beads formed on his forehead.

"Hmm... yeah... yeah I am fine." He pushed a forced smile. "Are we done?" he asked looking at his phone again.

"Yeah," Daniyah whispered looking at her half left coffee.

"Let's go then." He said as he motioned the waiter for their bill.

The drive towards Daniyah's home was done in silence; Emaad's hands were firmly holding the steering wheel while resting her head on the window she was looking out. She came out of her trance as the car stopped in front of the large gates behind which her peaceful abode was.

"Aren't you coming?" Daniyah asked with a frown as she opened the door.

"No, I have to get something done. I will sit for a while when I will come to pick you up." He tensely answered while looking at her for few seconds.

"But Emaad I told mom—"

"Daniyah I have something important to do." His cold voice made her shrink in her place and with a small nod she got out of his car.

Getting to her door she looked at his Rover turning at the end of the lane and shook her head as the door opened behind her.

***

The time ticked fast as she talked to her entire family, promising to call them every day and soon Emaad arrived, though it was hours later but for Daniyah it was like few seconds that she stepped into the home where every wall welcomed her.

With her head resting on her father's chest the duo was standing at the threshold of Shah House, Kirmanis were too present as all of them were going to see off the newlywed. Warm tears were soaking Daniyah's cheek as her father whispered soothing words, momentarily kissing the top of her head, his own heart wrenching on letting his little girl go.

"Come on Daniyah we are getting late," Emaad pulled her slightly and a sob escaped her mouth. Rubbing her back Emaad dropped a kiss on her temple. "We'll come back soon." He whispered.

"Take care of my daughter, Emaad." Mohuiddin Shah spoke and looked in to his son-in-law's eyes.

"More than anything dad!" He shook his hand and then turned Daniyah leading her away.

Getting into the car she turned her head to wave her family and sniffing she wiped her tears. The chilly silence spread through the car as Emaad ignited the engine and the way towards her departure started. 

----

A.O.A

How are you guys? 

I know it's a really small chapter and not really one of the best so I am really sorry for that but let me know of what you think of  the story so far. Vote, Comment and Spread!

Till the next time, beauties!

TC,

Zehra :)