Chapter 35

"No amount of me trying to explain myself was doing any good. I didn't even know what was going on inside of me, so how could I have explained it to them?" 

― Sierra D. Waters 

The corner seat of the newly opened coffee shop was occupied since quite some time now, by a fairly young man. Coffee was the only thing that would be ordered as his fingers ran across the keyboard of his laptop. He would gradually pick his phone, whisper into it and then would hover on the keyboard again. Pages over pages were being opened and then files started transferring into a small usb as he leaned back on the seat and raised his hand to call the waiter.

"Bring me something which is the most famous around here," he smirked, "make sure it's the expensive one!" he laughed a little.

The waiter look at him confused, nodded and went with the strange order.

He has always gotten into trouble for the kind of work that he does however no one could ever prove. And the pay that he got was helping him getting food on the table for his family. This time his paycheck was quite impressive. He could definitely afford a fancy lunch!

His train of thought halted as his phone rang again, the number of his client lighting up the screen.

"Is the work done?"

"No hellos? No hi? Just so you know its basic ethics to say salam."

"For a person like you it's surprising that you know words like ethics! Your payment will be given tonight—"

"Half payment, right?"

"Yes! Half after everything is done."

"I have gotten quite a few things for you, I feel like you need to sign a few more cheques for me."

The call ended, and also came the sizzling steak in front of him.

***

"I will call you mama as soon as I'll be done from the salon. I have already packed everything that Yousef will need in the bag—"

"Oh Dani! I am his dadi, I can very well take care of my little tiger!" Talat Kirmani cooed at the two months old who was in her arms.

"I know mama I am just being cautious. Anyways don't tire yourself much with him you have a flight to catch tonight and I have already told Gul about everything else, please rest okay!" Daniyah smiled and her mother-in-law nodded kissing the top of her grandson's head.

"Now you go, jaan, you will be getting late! I can't wait for people to meet you both tonight." Her eyes were shining with excitement and Daniyah nodded before turning away.

After their last encounter Daniyah decided to leave his room for good, she was now trying to maintain as much distance as she could from Emaad, leaving the room and shifting into her mother-in-law's room was the beginning. She made up smooth excuses for Talat Kirmani to believe. It will be baby steps before she finally part her ways. It was going to be messy but she had to do it for her own sanity.

After the cruel accusation and threats from Emaad, Daniyah was completely broken, each moment was enough to make her choke. She would weep with a promise to never weep again and till her eyes ran dry. It took her two days to compose herself.

How can one have enough strength to ruin your life with mere lies was haunting her once again.

She regretted not waiting for her own blood and relying on someone else all those years ago.

She remember calling to her father.

"Daddy what would you do if someone will throw mud at me?" she whispered as she heard his voice.