Chapter 5

O Child;

I witness thee struggling
Trying hard to seem plausible
With Blank stare and forced smiles

It aches my soul
For I can not alleviate thy pain
Thou must learn to fight in your own shadow

Be Brave little one, For this too shall pass.

-Mahrukh Ameen

Laying in the middle of her king size bed hiding under a duvet she saw the sun coming out, the way the warmth spread across the dark sky make its coldness and darkness go away, how beautifully the birds were chirping and how clear the sky was with few patches of white clouds which were looking like soft cotton balls. Tears were pooling her eyes again but she was stubbornly wiping them.

Ya Allah don't make me so weak.

She was continuously whispering this, trying to calm her thoughts which haven't let her sleep yet, after struggling for half an hour or so she gave up. Sighing she pushed the duvet off her body, it was 7:30 in the morning and at this early hour she couldn't think of anything to do, she didn't want to work out, she doesn't want to escape in the fictional world too, after all till how long can she? She has to leave this room for a while, she can't meet Janaan or else she will end up spilling the beans. Mohib was leaving for Australia for his internship she can't trouble him and he was busy with Bisma anyways, there was no one.

Just when she was planning to hide under the warmth of her comforter again she remembered how her father proudly told her uncle that Daniyah would now be helping him in the business and at that moment she excused herself by mentioning that she wants to do Masters first, this is it! She is going to join the office from now on wards; maybe she could ask her father for the Masters degree already. She knows they have discussed it that she will start it after her wedding but right now the walls of her room were haunting her.

With a new determination Daniyah went inside the walk-in closet, scrutinizing through her dresses from traditional Pakistani dresses to western trousers and blouses, her traditional ones were highly inappropriate for work, she scrunched her nose and decided to buy some more casual dresses and kurtis, her only option was now blouses and suitable pants. She needed to choose an outfit which would not only create a bold image on the employees but her own father so she doesn't get declined.

After a lot of futile attempts she end up picking white silk blouse with sleeves long enough to reach her elbows pairing it with black trousers, she picked out her black pumps and then getting back in her room she dropped it all on her couch. Deciding on a quick shower she made her way towards the washroom.

Half an hour later she came out wrapping her soft peach bath robe around her letting her wet hair dry, applying some tinted moisturizer she hid the dead look of her face, picking the concealers she worked on the bag under her eyes and finally being satisfied with her initial steps she applied a bit of blush to giver cheeks some color and ending her make up with kohl and light rose color lip gloss. After changing into her dress she picked her gold watch and tied it around her left wrist and picking her favorite gold pendant gifted to her by her grandmother she adorned it around her neck, glad on pulling her fresh look she took her leather hand bag along with cell phone and walked out her room.

Descending downstairs she found her house still drowned in silence, dumping her bag on the plush sofa in the lounge she walked towards the kitchen, entering through the doors she found her mother standing in the middle of it still in her long cotton nightgown with one hand on her hip ordering the cook to hurry up, her brown locks which were just like Daniyah's, up in a bun.