Chapter 32

"Doubts kill more dream than failure ever will."

-Karim Seddiki

Her fingers were drumming against her dull black stone studded clutch. In the air conditioned hall for the executive members, their families, business acquaintances, politicians and media, she was sitting on the reserved seat right in the front. One of the director was giving his speech, while an impressive presentation was playing in the background. Sitting among everyone she has ever known her mind was numb of everything happening around her.

Dressed in royal blue silk maxi dress with sheer net sleeves full of heavy embroidery and sequins, the bodice was the continuation of same pattern with black, sky blue and grey sequins and silver thread embroidery. As she wasn't allowed to wear heals or stilettos during the sixth month of her pregnancy, she still decided to wear small heel wedges hidden under her dress to meet her husband's height.

He was sitting beside her in midnight blue suit and charcoal black tie, his hair set on side with gel while his signature faint perfume a proof of his presence. A small smirk across his angular face as he waited for the announcement, seconds ticked and finally his name was called.

"Mr. Emaad Jehangir Kirmani, our newest CEO..." the cameras flashed making almost everyone blind, the hall echoed with applauds as he took his every single step to the podium, his every step that of a conqueror. He has finally over thrown his biggest rival, his father.

***

The paper weight was dancing under his fingers as he listened the lawyer reading the changes made in the clauses of their firm, the transfer of the power, the making of the will, the change in the management, the naming of the properties and whatever he demanded. With a satisfied smile he observed how every vein of his father tensed, how every cell of his body was denying the defeat.

"Lastly, Mr. Faisal Kirmani agrees to hand over his political career to his heir and the new Chairman of the party is Mr. Emaad Kirmani."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Faisal Kirmani threw away his chair as he stood up.

"Relax! Relax dad you don't want to get admitted in hospital all over again!" he laughed and his lawyer joined him before he looked at his father again. "Now, what do you think I meant when I said, I want everything under my name and you'll leave the country without any objection. I mean come on! You really don't want to mess your image here I am sure!"

"These threats will not effect me boy!" Faisal Kirmani growled.

"No, father dearest these are not threats! Come on! These are warnings. Because I am sure you don't want your son claiming in front of the media that he suspects his father is the man behind his sister's murder? The whole fiasco no doubt would be quite spicy, if you ask me." He rubbed his chin thoughtfully and then looked at his father. "And you surely don't want media to know about your hidden rendezvous, or about your secret deals. I mean think about it, the anti-corruption cell is working quiet efficiently these days!"

"You are doing a mistake?"

"I am sorry but which part is a mistake here? Sitting on this seat or sitting on the seat you'll announce this afternoon in the press conference? Believe me father, you don't want to get on my bad terms right now!"

"And what about Mishaal-" Emaad's sudden laughter cut Faisal Kirmani's sentence in half.

"The thing is Mishaal is under my nikaah, if even that comes out I can cover that up with thousand and one excuses but what about you? Imagine if some unknown source leaks the details of your illegitimate child," he sighed and rested back himself, "My father a sinner? Then I will have to make things right, right ? Can you imagine things which will happen! So, save yourself a bit, pack your bags leave us alone and never return." He then motioned one of his man who brought the papers in front of Faisal Kirmani.