Chapter 15

"I soak up a little more light every time you make a slit in my skin."

-Vinati

An old urdu ghazal was softly playing in the living room as she sat on the L-shaped sofa with her legs up carefully applying red color on her toe nail and softly whispering the word which were coming out of the stereo. Daniyah got the fondness of classics from her father who would play urdu ghazals in his study, actively attend events related to urdu literary and his shelves were holding the weight of different words which came into this world through Ghalib, Mir Taqi Mir, Faiz Ahmed Faiz and many others.

A week had passed since the dinner they hosted, for a day Emaad was completely tensed and that night after solemnly apologizing for Nabeel's absurd behavior he directly went to bed and with following days the tension formed eventually escalated. Daniyah made herself busy with decorating few corners of house according to her taste, she wanted to join office but Emaad was pushing the subject away and she knew better than forcing him.

She was preparing herself to attend a Ghazal Night which was being arranged by Emaad's friends in their honour. She had to leave with Maaz's wife for the salon to get ready in less than an hour and right now she was waiting for Emaad to come back home.

"Hey," she jumped as she heard his husky voice from just mere inches behind of her, he was supporting himself by extending his hands towards the wall and leaning towards her, turning to face him with her heart still drumming in her chest she playfully pushed him away faking a frown.

"You gave me a heart attack!" she lowly growled and he smirked.

"You are too young for that, love!" He winked taking a step towards her and she unconsciously took a step back when they both heard the door bell rang, Daniyah let out a breath she was holding.

"It must be Wania," Daniyah spoke looking towards the wall clock hanging above the flat screen T.V. and saw Emaad nodding.

"I will ask Nausheen bibi to make them sit in the drawing you should get your stuff," he said with a smile as he turned to call the old woman, uttering a Thank you she made her way towards the stairs.

Entering her room she quickly walked towards the luxurious king size bed to pick her dress cover and then getting her bag, phone and jewelry box she turned towards the door when Emaad entered.

"They are sitting, by the way I didn't ask what you are wearing for the night?" he asked closing the door.

"It's Kameez and trousers but I think it's quite heavy for the night."

"Kameez and trousers?" He bit his lips as he looked towards the closet door and then walked towards it.

"Emaad?" Daniyah followed him inside the closet with a frown and found him standing in front of the rack holding her formal dresses.

"What about a saree?"

"Saree? It's so cold at night!" Daniyah spoke completely amused by his suggestions.

"The event would be indoors so you are safe with this." He replied taking out a hanger and Daniyah gasped, it's one of the sarees her mother forced her to buy and she was scared to wear it. "This!" He gave it to Daniyah with a grin, his eyes full of mirth.

"Emaad it's too revealing believe me—"

"I want you to see in this tonight!"

"What?"

"Go!" He smirked pushing it in her hands and then turning her towards the door, Daniyah was sure that her cheeks were burning and she could feel her body on fire.