Chapter 3

"She was born to be a lover, 

to make other peoples's lives better, 

and to chase sunsets." 

-Sylvester McNutt III

Lying on her bed with an agonizing migraine she had her eyes shut, clutching on the pillow she was trying to control her tears but the lump in her throat wasn't making it all possible, it had been four hours since she saw those pictures and in those four hours she had forgotten how many times she had dialed Emaad to get an explanation, an answer, any word but she got nothing, nothing at all.

She was one of those who get what they want, the minute they want it, she was one of those to whom everything was given on a silver platter but she never knew what it felt like to be completely helpless, to be alone. Sure she can tell her parents, create a drama but what about that broken heart? What about all those promises? What about the life she dreamed about? And on top of it she can't risk the image of her family in front of a drama thirsty media, she can't do that.

Turning her sides again she massaged her temples and sighed, the tears may have dried but she wanted to cry all over again but tears can't help, can they? Just few hours ago she was ready to sleep and wake up late afternoon, but it took these few hours to make her stay wide awake at night and stare at her ceiling.

"Ya Allah!" She gave up on letting the pain killers and sleeping pill to work, she took hours ago.

She was ready to go for her morning jog at 4:30 in the morning because she knew after being accompanied by an army of bodyguards she would be in no trouble of being in danger or get caught by paparazzi.

Getting up from her bed she was in her walk-in closet taking out her track suit when she heard the distant voice of azaan, normally she would have ignored it because she doesn't even remember the last time she offered namaz, maybe it was before she was expecting her results though she knew she will get good grades but she was worried about her Strategic Management exam, or maybe when she asked her father to allow her to go alone on vacations. The thought that she doesn't even remember sicken her a bit but she quickly shook this foreign feeling away. She was not the part of a very practicing family, she barely saw her parents praying but she wasn't the one to judge, she was no better.

In few minutes Daniyah found herself in her attached bathroom in front of the sink looking at her paled face and sunken eyes, a humorless laugh escaped from her mouth, when did she let someone take so much control over her life? She can't even remember. Looking at her knuckles which had a deathly hold on the marble slab around her round sink she take few deep breath and blinked her eyes to control the threatening hot tears which were again burning her eyes.

What a mess you are? A voice mocked her and she shuddered.

Closing her eyes she took herself in a memory from years ago.

Flashback

Slamming the car's door Daniyah pushed bag straps up her arms, anger was apparent on her face and she was ready to take it out on anyone. Rushing through the front porch she quickly went inside the large wooden doors of her grandmother's house where she was currently staying, running towards the stairs she started taking two at a time when she was called,

"Daniyah?" She frowned because at this time she wanted to be alone and she knew that now it's near to impossible.

"Jee nano?" (Yes nano?) she turned to face the old lady who was dressed in a simple cotton kameez shalwar while her dupatta was elegantly covering her head.