Chapter 19

"Oh my darling, it's true. Beautiful things have dents and scratches too." 

-Anonymous

Your message has been sent, notification came on his screen as he relaxed back on his chair, and smiling to himself he extended his hand to pick up his cigarette pack and took out one of the sticks.

Oh Emaad Kirmani, you don't know how much I have waited for this day, for the sun which will bring you on your knees. He laughed on his thoughts and took a drag of the burning cigarette which was between his fingers.

***

Emaad carefully placed a month old Zaviyar in his crib and tenderly patted his chest, slowly pushing hair away from his son's forehead he covered his body with the light blue blanket and turned towards the door to find Mishaal leaning against it with a smile on her face. Biting his lips to hide his smile Emaad quietly moved towards her.

"This morning routine of yours will spoil him rotten," she whispered as he stopped right in front of her and wrapped his arms around her waist bring her closer to his chest.

"Well, you are there to teach him how to be a good boy," he smirked looking in her hazel green eyes and leaned forward to kiss the tip of her nose.

"Yeah definitely and you throw all my hard work right out of the window," she faked a frown and looked away giving Emaad a perfect opportunity and excess to her weak spot, the soft skin of her neck, Emaad tenderly kissed and then slowly bit her skin. "Emaad, you are running late," Mishaal stifled her moan as she whispered between her raged breaths.

"We'll continue this tonight," his eyes were pooled with dark shade of lust as his lips curved into a smirk and she slowly nodded feeling heat spreading from her head to toe.

After a set of another fifteen days he was joining office again and today it was his official return, in last fifteen days he has himself busied with his small family pushing the rest of the world behind but today he was finally returning back without any idea of what was waiting for him. There was no call from his father or anyone else, he would talk to his mother in every few days and she was the only one he was in contact with.

Taking the last morsel of his breakfast, he helped Mishaal clearing up the table as their voices filled the lounge discussing their schedules and plans for the next day, cleaning his hands he faced her and giving her a last kiss he made his way to pick his coat and left for his office.

***

Her eyes were on the phone as she quickly checked her mails while her car was swiftly moving across the roads of Lahore, Daniyah was running late on the fourteenth day of her office and it was making her completely anxious. After successfully clearing her interview despite the fear which engulfed her heart after receiving a bouquet and card from Nabeel , the small act which was making her weak, she didn't let herself move away from one opportunity which could bring her out of the days filled with despair.

Every morning Daniyah would wake up pushing all her negative thoughts away and would move forward for the day, her colleagues and employer were kind, hospitable and compatible and she was treated like every other employee in the firm and this was giving her a finest opportunity to learn and progress. She was known as Daniyah Shah, not as daughter of Mohuiddin Shah neither as wife of Emaad Kirmani, and for once she was proud of it.

Where in last fifteen days she was marking her presence there was guilt of not sharing this with her father or anyone else for that matter and a fear of Emaad's arrival and his knowledge about the matter. There was still an iceberg between them and she had very well seen the tip of it and it was enough to scare her, he was man of vicious capabilities and the last thing she wanted was to become a victim of it, but she had taken a step and she doesn't have power to step back.